Location & Travel Information July 6, 2010 - With the Korea International Circuit (KIC) nearing completion, Korea Auto Valley Operation (KAVO) has issued new images of the facility plus travel information ahead of the inaugural FORMULA 1 KOREAN...
Location & Travel Information
July 6, 2010 - With the Korea International Circuit (KIC) nearing completion, Korea Auto Valley Operation (KAVO) has issued new images of the facility plus travel information ahead of the inaugural FORMULA 1 KOREAN GRAND PRIX from October 22 - 24, 2010.
Said Mr. Yung Cho Chung, CEO and President of KAVO: "We are delighted with the progress of the project, which is both on schedule and being finished to an extremely high standard. We look forward to welcoming everyone to the Korea International Circuit and our fascinating country in October."
The KIC is located on South Korea's southwestern coast, in the province of Jeollanam-do. Seoul is South Korea's capital city, while Kwangju is the closest major city to KIC and the country's fourth-largest.
The circuit can be reached by air, car, bus and shuttle bus. For those arriving from outside of South Korea, the majority of flights will be routed through Seoul Incheon International Airport (ICN), with domestic flights from the nearby Kimpo International Airport (GMP) connecting to Kwangju Airport (KWJ).
From Seoul Incheon (ICN):
* Airport bus (approx US$5) or Taxi to Kimpo International (GMP) - approx 45 minutes
* Flight from Kimpo International (GMP) to Kwangju Airport (KWJ) on Asiana Airlines or Korean Air - approximately 1 hour
* From Kwangju Airport (KWJ), the KIC can be reached by car (1 hour) or by KIC shuttle bus service, which will run from October 21-24 at regular intervals
* The nearby town of Mokpo is approximately 10 minutes' drive from the KIC
By Car or Bus
* Upon arrival at Seoul Incheon (ICN), self-drive car hire with English GPS to KIC - approx 4 hours
* Upon arrival at Seoul Incheon (ICN), bus service to KIC - approx 5 hours
The KIC is on schedule for anticipated completion in August, 2010. All major structures are completed, with track surfacing currently underway.