Lewis Hamilton is confident that there will be no repeat of the kind of controversy that marred Monaco Grand Prix qualifying last year.
A row between the world champion and Nico Rosberg erupted last year when his German teammate ran off the track during their final qualifying effort and brought out the yellow flags.
Hamilton was convinced that Rosberg had done it on purpose, although a stewards' investigation found there were no suspicious circumstances.
With Hamilton having the option to run first on track this year, he said on Wednesday that there was no chance of there being repeat trouble this time out.
"I do have the choice this year which is good," he said, referring to the fact that the drivers have alternate choice on when they run.
"It is lucky I got that, as at the first race, we tossed a coin and he chose to go second.
"From race to race there are pros and cons to being first or later, and naturally here with yellow flags and everything, they are an issue. But you can get it wrong either way;
"But I am confident last year's episode will not reoccur. I don't feel pressure either way; I will just try to be better than last year and do a better lap."
Last year's Monaco Grand Prix marked the start of a stage of the season where Rosberg gained the upper hand.
This time around Hamilton feels better prepared for the challenges that lay ahead.
"I think generally in life I am better prepared," he said. "I hope that will be the case, as you get older and wiser.
"I feel more prepared than I have been in my life, but aware that there will always be new things and bumps in the road ahead, plus new experiences that I had not anticipated. I feel much stronger to deal with whatever happens."