ALWAYS LOOK ON THE BRIGHT SIDE OF LIFE 10 reasons why it's good not to get to Q3 1) You get to watch the exciting Q3 session, relaxing with a cool drink in the Energy Station 2) You don't have to bother going to the boring Top Three press ...
ALWAYS LOOK ON THE BRIGHT SIDE OF LIFE
10 reasons why it's good not to get to Q3
1) You get to watch the exciting Q3 session, relaxing with a cool drink in the
2) You don't have to bother going to the boring Top Three press conference.
3) F1 is all about cost saving and you've just saved your team a fortune in fuel and tyres.
4) You don't have to lift your head so high to see the start lights. In fact you don't need the lights at all: just go when the cars in front move.
5) Your mechanics and engineers have time for lunch before the debrief.
6) Your engine temperature stays lower on the grid as you don't have to wait ages for the cars to line up behind you.
7) You don't need tensator barriers around your car on the grid
8) You don't have to shake hands on the grid with the Prime Minister just when you want to go for a piss.
9) It's a great excuse for not doing well in the race, as overtaking is impossible.
10) The mechanics can chat up your grid girl without their wives/girlfriends seeing them on TV
Sebastien Buemi (STR4-03)
"I think I could have got into Q2 if I had not got caught in traffic. Other than that, I feel we did the best we could, given we are still waiting for our car updates. We improved the car this morning and it seemed competitive in comparison with the cars we are racing against. So I must admit, I am hoping for rain tomorrow as our car should go well in wet conditions. We will just have to keep pushing and see what happens."
Third Practice Session: Best lap 1.32.239, pos.17th, 23 laps
Qualifying Session: Best lap 1.32.251, pos.17th
Sebastien Bourdais (STR4-01)
"We knew we weren't quick enough this morning, when I was unhappy with the balance of the car, so this afternoon we tried something very different in terms of set-up, using those that Sebastien was happy with this morning. But it didn't work out. It's a shame the rain did not come sooner, as I think we would have been more competitive in those conditions. To be honest, it doesn't make much difference if you're seventeenth or twentieth and tomorrow, I will try my best and see what we can do."
Third Practice Session: Best lap 1.32.883, pos.20th, 21 laps
Qualifying Session: Best lap 1.33.559, pos.20th
Giorgio Ascanelli: "We can be pleased that the cars have run reliably so far this weekend. We can also be pleased that last night Buemi was clever and bold enough to go back to his older style of set-up that he understands well. It was a bit late in the day, but this morning we made a step forward. This afternoon, we did not manage the traffic well. We cannot blame the rain, as it was the same for everybody and we knew what was going to happen."
-credit: toro rosso