Ecclestone sure F1 to race in Bahrain

shares
comments
Ecclestone sure F1 to race in Bahrain
By: GMM
Feb 18, 2013, 6:37 AM

The Formula One boss continues to hold the belief that Bahrain will host a grand prix this year.

Feb.18 (GMM) It is "100 per cent" certain this year's Bahrain Grand Prix is going ahead, according to Bernie Ecclestone.

However, violence has kicked off once again in the island Kingdom, as thousands of anti-government protesters mark the two-year anniversary of the so-called 'Arab Spring'.

Bernie Ecclestone, CEO Formula One Group
Bernie Ecclestone, CEO Formula One Group

Photo by: XPB Images

The latest international reports say at least two have already died in the new clashes between the protesters and security forces.

F1 chief executive Ecclestone said earlier this month that he was "100 per cent" sure his sport will race in Bahrain as scheduled this April.

"We're scheduled to have an event there so we'll be there the same as last year," the Briton, referring to Bahrain, said during a recent visit to Duabi.

Next Formula 1 article
Vettel's Red Bull contract 'long term' - Lauda

Previous article

Vettel's Red Bull contract 'long term' - Lauda

Next article

GP2 champ hopes 2013 role leads to F1 race seat

GP2 champ hopes 2013 role leads to F1 race seat
Load comments

About this article

Series Formula 1
Drivers Bernie Ecclestone
Author GMM
Article type Breaking news