“The Eagles Have Landed: Dan Gurney’s All American Racers” exhibit at the Petersen Automotive Museum in Los Angeles will feature 13 vehicles from one of America's motorsport icons.
As a driver Gurney won in Formula 1, Indy cars, sports cars, Can-Am cars, NASCAR stock cars and Trans-Am. As a constructor, he won in F1, Indy cars and sports cars.
Now, 50 years on from his epic 1967 season (see previous story), Petersen Automotive Museum will pay tribute to Gurney’s racing career with an exhibit that runs from tomorrow, Jan. 28, through Jan. 17, 2018.
- 1967 AAR Eagle Gurney-Weslake V-12 #36 F1 Grand Prix Car
- 1968 AAR Indy Olsonite Eagle #48
- 1968 AAR Indy Eagle Rislone Special #3
- 1968 McLeagle Olsonite AAR Can-Am Car #48
- 1970 Plymouth Barracuda AAR Trans Am Car #48
- 1971 AAR Indy Olsonite Eagle #2
- 1972 AAR Indy Olsonite Eagle #6
- 1975 AAR Indy Jorgensen Eagle #48
- 1977 AAR SCCA Eagle Formula Ford #48
- 1981 AAR Indy Eagle #48 "Pepsi Challenger"
- 1993 AAR Toyota Eagle Mk III GTP #99
- 1999 AAR Eagle 997 Indy car
- 2002 Gurney Alligator A6 motorcycle
The Petersen exhibition will also feature treasured mementos such as the bottle of Moet champagne Dan shook and sprayed from the podium at Le Mans in ’67, thereby starting a tradition among successful racers.
Ecclestone rubbishes F1 breakaway rumours
Force India: Ocon's Mercedes junior role won't be a problem