RED BULL RACING ON THE FOOT BALL No British team has qualified for the Euro 2008 football tournament starting tomorrow but, this being Formula One, it didn't stop people in the team having an opinion about it... - Guillaume Rocquelin, David's...
RED BULL RACING ON THE FOOT BALL
No British team has qualified for the Euro 2008 football tournament starting tomorrow but, this being Formula One, it didn't stop people in the team having an opinion about it...
- Guillaume Rocquelin, David's Race Engineer (French): "I'm supporting France, of course. We won the last World Cup, well Italy claimed they won it..., but they cheated, so didn't deserve it. So the European Cup will just be a walk in the park."
- Grant Munday, Race Team Mechanic (English): I'm disappointed England didn't get in, it won't be the same without them, but I'll be watching anyway. I think there are a few teams that can win Germany, Portugal, Czech Republic and Spain are the ones to watch."
- Daniele Casanova, Mark's Support Engineer (Italian): "Am I supporting Italy in the European cup of what football? No, normally not..."
- Steven Grimm, Catering Supervisor (German): I think the German team can get to the semi- final, maybe even the final, it depends how they start. I think it's difficult for England (laughs)...."
- Andy Bartos, Head of Hospitality (Austrian): "I wouldn't be too confident that Austria will proceed to the quarter finals, but maybe they will do a surprise for the fans..."
- Sebastien Buemi, Test Driver (Swiss): "I think Switzerland will get through the first round but then that will be it... At least we're better than Austria!"
- Mark Webber (Australian): "I think Portugal will win. The head chef at Ann's restaurant is Portuguese and it's a good country to support. I like the English, but it's nice to drive around at this time of year and not see people with flags on their cars or hanging from windows! The premier league in the UK is possibly the best in the world, but they just can't seem to get their national side together."
Car 10 MARK WEBBER, 1st Practice P6, 2nd Practice P7
"A reasonable day. As always this track is quite challenging for set up and also for the comfort that you have on the brakes, so we've got a bit of work to do. I had a small off on the last run in Turn 6, but managed to get back onto the track, so no problems. Apart from that, it was an uneventful day, now we'll use the data we've gained to get ready for tomorrow."
Car 9 DAVID COULTHARD, 1st Practice P8, 2nd Practice P12
"It was a normal Canada practice day, adapting to more down force. The day was made a little tricky by the track conditions being wet this morning, but we ran through our programme. We didn't manage to use all our tyres today, as we ran out of time at the end of the second session but, nonetheless, we've got some good data to work through and we'll see what tomorrow brings."
-credit: red bull