TOP TEN British Grand Prix facts Silverstone announces the headline act for the GRAND PRIX PARTY With one of the UK's biggest sporting events of the summer - the 2008 FORMULA 1 SANTANDER BRITISH GRAND PRIX, taking place this weekend...
TOP TEN British Grand Prix facts
Silverstone announces the headline act for the GRAND PRIX PARTY
With one of the UK's biggest sporting events of the summer - the 2008 FORMULA 1 SANTANDER BRITISH GRAND PRIX, taking place this weekend (4-6 July) - Silverstone presents its top ten British Grand Prix facts.
- In 2008 Silverstone celebrates its Diamond Anniversary, marking 60 YEARS since the first ever Grand Prix at the Northamptonshire circuit.
- For the first time ever, the British Grand Prix is SOLD OUT for all three days. A RECORD CAPACITY CROWD of 240,000 will be at Silverstone with unprecedented levels of support expected for the three British drivers Lewis Hamilton, Jenson Button and David Coulthard.
- Linking in with the 60th Anniversary celebrations, THE BACKBEAT BEATLES have been confirmed as the headline act for the Grand Prix Party, the post race celebration at Silverstone on Sunday 6 July, open to all race day ticket holders. 20,000 fans stayed behind in 2007 to enjoy the live music and guest appearances by current and former F1 drivers.
- Miss Great Britain 2008, GEMMA GARRETT, is the Female Face of the 2008 FORMULA 1 SANTANDER BRITISH GRAND PRIX.
- 2,500 guests are expected to arrive by HELICOPTER during the British Grand Prix weekend and, due to an increase in demand for landing slots in 2008, Silverstone will be operating two heliports.
- THREE BRITS will take part in this year's British Grand Prix. The last time three British drivers were on the podium together was in 1965 when Jim Clark won, Graham Hill was second and John Surtees came home in third.
- 2,800 bottles of CHAMPAGNE and 900 bottles of wine will be consumed at the British Grand Prix.
- TWENTY FOUR giant screens will be placed around the circuit allowing fans to enjoy all the Grand Prix action from various locations.
- CELEBRITIES that attended in 2007 included; David and Victoria Beckham, Dannii Minogue, Jonathan Ross, Girls Aloud, Frankie Dettori, Simon and Yasmin Le Bon, England one day cricket captain Paul Collingwood, Kevin Pietersen, Celebrity chef James Martin, Pat Dempsey, England Rugby World Cup winner Mike Tindall and Gemma Atkinson who was the 2007 Female Face of the British Grand Prix.
- London to Silverstone IN UNDER AN HOUR - fast trains from London Euston to Milton Keynes take just 30 minutes so it's possible to get to the British Grand Prix from the capital in under an hour.