Three Winners in Three Races - Seven Drivers within Seven Points * The Lausitzring is the venue for the fourth round of the 2008 DTM; it will be the 10th DTM event at this track since its inauguration in 2000. * Following the first...
Three Winners in Three Races - Seven Drivers within Seven Points
* The Lausitzring is the venue for the fourth round of the 2008 DTM; it will be the 10th DTM event at this track since its inauguration in 2000.
* Following the first three races there are seven drivers at the top of the overall ranking. Jamie Green (Salzgitter AMG Mercedes C-Class), winner of the previous race in Mugello 10 days ago, is second with 17 points, one point behind Timo Scheider (Audi). Paul Di Resta (AMG Mercedes C-Class), second in Mugello, is fourth overall with 13 points; Bruno Spengler (Mercedes-Benz Bank AMG C-Class) is seventh with 11 points.
* One year ago, Mika Hakkinen drove the AMG Mercedes C-Class to victory at the Lausitzring; seven C-Class drivers finished among the top eight in 2007.
Statistics: Nine DTM races have been staged at the Lausitzring so far. After eight laps behind the Safety Car, the first race in 2000 was stopped due to heavy rain without classification. The second race on the same day was not started for the same reason. Mercedes-Benz won six out of the eight races held there so far; Bernd Schneider won three races (2002, 2003 and 2006); Peter Dumbreck (2001), Gary Paffett (Mai 2005) and Mika Hakkinen (2007) won one race each.
Fastest pit stops: In the addition of the total duration of both mandatory pit stops, the Mercedes-Benz teams did the fastest jobs in the three DTM races of the 2008 season so far:
- In Mugello, Susie Stoddart and the Persson team took an impressive best time of 46.607sec ahead of Bernd Schneider and HWA with 46.999sec. The best time of the competition, Timo Scheider and the Abt team were 0.429sec slower than Persson's best.
- In Oschersleben, HWA was the fastest working team; here, Jamie Green recorded the best time with 49.305sec ahead of Paul Di Resta with 49.446sec. Ekstrom needed 49.653sec.
- In Hockenheim, Bernd Schneider and HWA did the fastest job; it took him 36.175sec including pit entry and exit; Ekstrom, was 0.411sec slower.
Both pit stops have to be completed during the second third of the respective race. In the 48-lap race at the Lausitzring this will be between lap 16 and lap 32.
Comments of the two best Mercedes-Benz drivers in the previous race in Mugello and of the Motorsport chief:
Jamie Green (2008 Salzgitter AMG Mercedes C-Class): "Following my victory in Mugello, I look forward to the Lausitzring. There I achieved my first DTM pole position in September 2005 and I am highly motivated."
Paul Di Resta (2008 AMG Mercedes C-Class): "After finishing 13th in Hockenheim where I lost a possible podium and after fourth place in Oschersleben, my second place in Mugello shows that we make significant progress. The direction is right and I want to improve by another position soon."
Norbert Haug, Vice President Mercedes-Benz Motorsport: "The prediction that after three races there would be seven drivers within seven points, three of them with the Mercedes C-Class, would probably have been a risky one prior to the season. Following his victory in Mugello, Jamie Green now has one point less than the leader. He won three out of the last five races -- an impressive progress after he had to wait 30 races for his first victory. In the three races so far, the four drivers of the new C-Class scored in total nine points less than their four rivals of the competition. It is our aim to score firmly furthermore. We therefore will not arrive at the Lausitzring race automatically as the favorites, but we will all be motivated to achieve the best possible result."