It was an Opel one-two on the first day of common testing at the Automotodrom Brno in the Czech Republic on April 1st, with Heinz-Harald Frentzen and Marcel FÃ¤ssler heading the times. Frentzen (OPC Team Holzer) set a best of 1:54.048, just five...
It was an Opel one-two on the first day of common testing at the Automotodrom Brno in the Czech Republic on April 1st, with Heinz-Harald Frentzen and Marcel Fässler heading the times. Frentzen (OPC Team Holzer) set a best of 1:54.048, just five thousandths of a second ahead of Fässler (OPC Team Phoenix).
Both drivers were behind the wheel of the new Vectra GTS. The third Vectra on track was driven by Manuel Reuter (OPC Team Holzer) and was eighth of the ten cars present.
A pair of Mercedes drivers followed the leaders: current DTM champion Bernd Schneider and Gary Paffett third and fourth respectively in the new C-Class, some half a second down on the Opels. Mercedes also had two year-old CLKs in action, Stefan Mücke and Bernd Mäylander ninth and tenth respectively.
The three Audi A4s present were line astern in fifth, sixth and seventh. Emanuele Pirro was the best of the trio, followed by Tom Kristensen and Mattias Ekström. "It was a very positive day and I again learned a lot about the DTM," said Pirro. "We tried a lot of different things on the car and collected some important data."
Thursday test times
1. Heinz-Harald Frentzen - Opel Vectra GTS V8 - 1:54.048
2. Marcel Fässler - Opel Vectra GTS V8 - 1:54.053
3. Bernd Schneider - AMG-Mercedes C-Klasse - 1:54.567
4. Gary Paffett - AMG-Mercedes C-Klasse - 1:54.752
5. Emanuele Pirro - Audi A4 DTM - 1:55.001
6. Tom Kristensen - Audi A4 DTM - 1:55.033
7. Mattias Ekström - Audi A4 DTM - 1:55.105
8. Manuel Reuter - Opel Vectra GTS V8 - 1:55.244
9. Stefan Mücke - AMG-Mercedes CLK - 1:56.124
10. Bernd Mayländer - AMG-Mercedes CLK - 1:56.145