2004: A Phenomenal Year of Growth for IHRA IHRA has completed one of the most successful years in its more than 30 year history, supported by the growth of its properties, media presence, and marketing partners. "2004 was a great season...
2004: A Phenomenal Year of Growth for IHRA
IHRA has completed one of the most successful years in its more than 30 year history, supported by the growth of its properties, media presence, and marketing partners.
"2004 was a great season for us, and we have a lot of positives going into 2005," stated IHRA President Aaron Polburn. "The Mr. Gasket Pro-Am Tour is thriving, the Night Under Fire and Street Warriorz properties are exploding in popularity, and the Hooters IHRA Drag Racing Series has been given a daily time slot on SPEED for the next two and a half months. We've also got a great new marketing partner in Torco that will sponsor not only Pro Modified and Pro Stock, but multiple national events as well."
As IHRA expands, so does the team required to operate it. "We've hired several key new people, and promoted several from within. I'm really excited about the growth of this company. We're really looking forward to 2005," Polburn stated.
Some IHRA highlights from 2004:
* The Mr. Gasket Pro-Am Tour was the most successful in IHRA history. Car counts were up in almost every division, competition was tougher across the board, and programs like the Accel Survivor Series increased interest.
* The SPEED TV audience for the Hooters IHRA Drag Racing Series doubled from 2003 to 2004, prompting SPEED into giving IHRA 55 additional hours of programming running from December through February. This programming gives exposure for IHRA, teams, and sponsors, and will attract new fans.
* IHRA.COM delivered more than 500,000 more unique visitors in 2004 than 2003.
* The stand alone Night Under Fire series grew from four events in 2003 to 11 events in 2004, and will grow to 16 or more by 2005.
* Street Warriorz will grow from one experimental event in 2004 to a minimum of 15 events in 2005. Also on the horizon for Street Warriorz is a dynamic title sponsor for the series.
* Torco Race Fuels announced a multi-year marketing partnership with IHRA. Torco will become title sponsor for both the Pro Modified and Pro Stock classes and sponsor a Pro Modified Shootout and a Pro Stock Showdown. Torco will also become title sponsor of the Northern Nationals in Martin, Michigan, and the President's Cup Nationals in Budds Creek, Maryland.