* Winchester Speedway hosted its second USAR ProCup Series race this weekend and featured 28 cars. Last year's rain-shortened event started 27 cars. * Jay Foglreman, driver of the ...
* Winchester Speedway hosted its second USAR ProCup Series race this weekend and featured 28 cars. Last year's rain-shortened event started 27 cars.
* Jay Foglreman, driver of the #4 Lucas Oil Products Ford, hosted Green Acres, Inc. from Richmond, Indiana. The local ARC chapter brought out nine people who toured Winchester Speedway and met Fogleman up close before the race.
"We are honored to have members of The Arc of the United States with us today," said Fogleman."We had a good time meeting everyone and we enjoyed having them visit our team today."
Formed in 1950, The Arc is the nation's largest volunteer-based organization devoted solely to the issues pertaining to mental retardation and related developmental disabilities. The organization is devoted to promoting and improving supports and services for people with mental retardation and their families.
* Roger Blackstock announced Sunday prior to the race that his Blackstock Racing/Michigan Fan Club Dodge Intrepid had secured sponsorship assistance from Silver Bullet Transport & Quick Lube of Clinton Township, Michigan.
"While we are searching for primary sponsorship we want to thank Tri Penn Oil Company of Southfield, MI for helping us out," said Don Parr of Silver Bullett."We had enjoyed a solid start to our season and we appreciate everyone's help with our team."
Blackstock was running as high as 6th before a flat tire led to an accident that ended his day on lap 167.
* Danny Abold also announced new sponsorship of the hood of his #6 Chevrolet Sunday. Mega Tester, a new product that serves as a high quality flashlight and electrical troubleshooting device.
* Tim Bainey, Jr. featured the colors of One Less Tear album on his Chevrolet as he collected his first top five finish in the Series. The album was created to raise awareness of the organization designed to bring comfort to children suffering from cancer through funding research for treatments and cures.
The amazing line-up of artists on the album include the country group Ricochet, Donnie & Johnny Van Zant (38 Special & Lynard Skynard), Mark Slaughter, Kevin Sharp, Tia McGraff, Vince Neil (formerly of Motley Crue), Olivia Newton-John, Cahal Dunne, Dale Russell, and Chuck Navasky (creator of One Less Tear). Several sports celebrities and famous entertainment names have also been added to the roster in an effort to raise awareness to this project. Among them are Mario Lemieux, Eddie George, Tony Dorsett, Mel Blount, Kurt Angel, Paul Azinger, Curtis Martin, Larry Holmes, Nellie Briles, Robin Cole, Tony Curtis, L.C. Greenwood, Ken Griffey Sr, and Evander Holyfield. The project includes a CD, a documentary film, music video, and a soon to be announced nationwide tour by the One Less Tear Band.