Fashionable in Indianapolis INDIANAPOLIS, IN May 2, 2007 It is Spring Time and our fancy turns to "Fashion, Spirit and Speed," the theme of this years' 26th annual CARA Charities fashion show and luncheon May 24 at the...
Fashionable in Indianapolis
INDIANAPOLIS, IN May 2, 2007 It is Spring Time and our fancy turns to "Fashion, Spirit and Speed," the theme of this years' 26th annual CARA Charities fashion show and luncheon May 24 at the Westin Hotel in downtown Indianapolis. Sponsored by Saks Fifth Avenue, the show is one of the most popular social events surrounding the Indianapolis 500. The fun event is attended by over 1000 people and is a major fund raiser for CARA Charities
* Two-time Indy 500 winner Helio Castoneves will be the honorary chairperson and his fiancee Aliette Vasquez, will model a bridal gown supplied by Saks Fifth Avenue who will also be providing the fashions, staging and make-up.
* The social hour begins at 10:30 am, ballroom doors open at 11:00, the welcome and fashion show starts at 11:30, and luncheon at 12:30 pm.
* Channel 13 WTHR news anchor Scott Swan will be this year's MC.
* Special auction items include a dinner for twelve at the home of Jim and Betty Huffer, as featured in Better Homes and Gardens; a personal shopper day at the Indianapolis Saks Fifth Avenue; original Sarah Beth Vaughn jewelry; a two seat Indy Car ride donated by Bridgestone/Firestone, and an original signed Randy Owens painting.
* There will be other door prizes and silent auction items including a Miller Brewing commissioned painting by famous local artist Nancy Noel; a designer purse by Escada Couture and a master class and lunch for four with Armani cosmetics at Saks Fifth Avenue.
* The 2007 CARA Christmas ornament will be officially unveiled.
* Janet Guthrie and Lyn St. James will be special honorees
* And a very special thanks to Bren Simon, the show's Honorary Community Chairperson, and Marlyne Sexton and Turner Woodward for all of their invaluable help and support.
The show is a distinctive blend of drivers, Indy 500 legends, television stars and local dignitaries. The gala event raises funds for national and local charities including the CARA/Shirley Bettenhausen Children's Fund at Methodist Hospital in Indianapolis. The fund helped build a two story child recreation area in the - hospital's atrium and provides holiday parties and gifts for children. Tickets are available by calling CARA Charities at (317) 299-2277, or by going on line at www.caracharities.org. Individual tickets are $75.00 with tables of ten and special sponsorship opportunities available. Entering their second quarter century of giving, CARA is a leading motorsports charity that has donated more than $4 million dollars to dozens of philanthropic causes helping children, hospitals, scholarships funds, ministries and numerous charity foundations.