Ethan Batchelor Fundraising for special needs childrens' school
The Ethan Batchelor Fundraising Appeal
* Exclusive Formula 1 items auctioned to help raise funds for special needs school
* Signed clothes and car parts donated by F1 teams and drivers
* Money being raised for interactive equipment at Castleview School
* Details of auction can be found at Castleview F1
(September 09, 2011) - Exclusive Formula 1 items – including signed clothing from Sebastian Vettel, Fernando Alonso, Lewis Hamilton and Jenson Button plus a picture signed by every driver and Bernie Ecclestone – are being offered in a charity auction to help raise funds for the Castleview School in Stirling, Scotland.
... be given to his friends, by providing them with interactive equipment in Ethan's honour.
The charity effort is being made in memory of Ethan Batchelor, son of F1 photographer Russell, who died suddenly in April 2011.
Ethan was a beautiful, cheerful eight-year-old boy, who died suddenly in April 2011, having spent extended periods in intensive care with severe physical, visual and medical difficulties.
Ethan suffered from a very rare, life threatening condition – Congenital Disorder of the Glycosylation (type 1a) – for which there is no-known cure. Despite having the most severe case in the UK, and specialists saying he had, at best, just a 50% chance of surviving to 18 months – he showed amazing courage to live life as best he could.
The Ethan Batchelor Fundraising Appeal is aimed at providing his schoolmates at Castleview School with much-needed interactive equipment.
Castleview School is operated by the local authority and provides education for young children with a range of severe and profound additional support needs. Therefore all of Ethan's friends at Castleview School would benefit from the specialist equipment that can be bought from the proceeds of the auction.
Speaking about the auction, Russell Batchelor said: “It would be a great comfort to know that, out of the great loss of our dearly precious son, much stimulation and fun can be given to his friends, by providing them with interactive equipment in Ethan's honour.”
Details of the auction can be found at |Castleview F1
The auction will start on September 9, which would have been Ethan’s 9th birthday, and finishes on the evening of September 18.
F1 teams have kindly offered their assistance for the auction.
The current list of lots are:
- One-off photo (measuring 36 inches by 29 inches) featuring an image of each of the 2011 field, signed by every driver and Formula 1 supremo Bernie Ecclestone
- Signed Sebastian Vettel fireproof vest (Red Bull Racing)
- Framed McLaren T-Shirt signed by Jenson Button and Lewis Hamilton (McLaren)
- Signed Fernando Alonso overalls (Ferrari)
- Mercedes GP T-Shirt signed by Michael Schumacher and Nico Rosberg (Mercedes GP)
- Signed Nico Rosberg cap (Mercedes GP)
- Rear-wing endplate from Force India signed by Paul di Resta, Adrian Sutil and Nico Rosberg (Force India)
- Fireproof vest signed by Sebastian Buemi (Scuderia Toro Rosso)
- Racing boots signed by Jaime Alguersuari (Scuderia Toro Rosso)
- Williams car and picture book signed by Rubens Barrichello and Pastor Maldonado (Williams)
- Team Lotus wing mirror signed by Jarno Trulli and Heikki Kovalainen (Team Lotus)
- Gloves signed by Vitantonio Liuzzi (HRT)
- Racing boots signed by Narain Karthikeyan (HRT)
- Signed Dario Franchitti TW Steel watch and box
- Signed Emerson Fittipaldi TW Steel watch and box
Editor's note: Russell Batchelor is one of the Motorsport.com photographers who provides the amazing photos of all Formula One races.
About this article
|Drivers||Jarno Trulli , Jenson Button , Michael Schumacher , Rubens Barrichello , Fernando Alonso , Dario Franchitti , Narain Karthikeyan , Lewis Hamilton , Emerson Fittipaldi , Nico Rosberg , Heikki Kovalainen , Vitantonio Liuzzi , Paul di Resta , Pastor Maldonado , Sebastian Vettel , Adrian Sutil , Bernie Ecclestone , Jaime Alguersuari|
|Teams||Red Bull Racing , Team Lotus , Force India , AlphaTauri , Williams|