Transsyberia Rally: Bad Luck stays with us - first fastest, then electric failure Somehow we can't get rid of our bad luck on this rally. Again we were clearly the fastest team on route through the 13th leg from Bayankhongor to Mongol Els, but...
Transsyberia Rally: Bad Luck stays with us - first fastest, then electric failure
Somehow we can't get rid of our bad luck on this rally. Again we were clearly the fastest team on route through the 13th leg from Bayankhongor to Mongol Els, but then our electrics played up. We stopped and repaired for an entire hour before we were able to continue. At the same time Pau Soler and Laia Peinado of Team Spain put in a great drive, were fastest of the day and grabbed second overall from us. Christian Lavieille took it easy to conserve his overall lead. So before tomorrow's final 84 kilometre special stage we are third overall, 17 minutes behind Pau.
There was a lot of great driving today. The real fast stretches ...
It will be very hard to try and reconquer second place on the short stage from Pau. But we will give it a good go. After all, the rally is only over when you're over the finish line.
... and there were tougher bits, where we choose to take it easy.
The fourteenth and final leg runs over 368 kilometres from Mongol Els to the Mongolian capital of Ulaanbaatar. After the last 87 kilometre special stage there will be a show-stage over 11 kilometres. The time is not added to the overall classification. The Transsyberia Rally started on 11th July on Moscow's Red Square and finishes on 25th July in Ulaanbaatar after a total of over 7,000 kilometres.
Overall classification Transsyberia Rally 2008 after the 13th of 14 legs
01. Lavieille/Borsotto Team France Porsche 26:07.47 hrs
02. Soler/Peinado Team Spain Porsche 2:18.57 hrs behind
03. Schwarz/Schulz Team Germany 1 Porsche 2:31.01
04. Gameiro/Figueiredo Team Portugal Porsche 2:56.23
05. Levyatov/Talantsev Team Russia 1 Porsche 3:58.02
06. Celma/Unger Team Germany 2 Porsche 8:20.17
07. Baier/Steinbring Teambuctou Toyota 9:32.47
08. Pfeil-Schneider/Steuer Colombian Arrow Porsche 10:54.23
09. Szustkowski/Kazberuk STT Racing Porsche 13:15.41
10. Millen/Godby Team USA Porsche 17:36.14
ABMELDEN vom Newsletter - bitte hier klicken.
-credit: armin schwarz