Formula One Powerboats Travel to Windsor, Colo. for Roar of the Rockies (September 2-3) Tim Seebold Leads Championship; Rinker and Foster Challenge (Windsor, Colo.) - The Laughlin Formula One P.R.O.P. Tour presented by Bud Light makes its...
Formula One Powerboats Travel to Windsor, Colo. for Roar of the Rockies (September 2-3)
Tim Seebold Leads Championship; Rinker and Foster Challenge
(Windsor, Colo.) - The Laughlin Formula One P.R.O.P. Tour presented by Bud Light makes its second appearance next weekend, September 2-3, at Windsor, for the Roar of the Rockies. Formula One drivers will compete on the scenic waters of Rockbridge Lake for round five of the series.
* Tim Seebold To Defend Windsor Title Tim Seebold heads for the Roar of the Rockies as the defending event champion. Seebold and Greg Foster battled last year on Rockbridge Lake exchanging the lead throughout while thrilling the crowd. Seebold eventually pulled ahead on the final lap for the victory. The win was especially sweat for Seebold considering he barrel rolled during the first heat of the event.
* Mike Seebold Aims for Three A two-time victor this season, Mike Seebold will attempt to add to his record of Formula One wins at the Roar of the Rockies. Seebold secured his 12th and 13th career wins earlier this season at Bay City and Tri-Cities. The Defending Formula One P.R.O.P. Tour Champion will also look to gain championship points in hopes of winning the championship again.
* Tim Seebold Leads VP Fuels-Amsoil Championship Points Fund After four exciting races, only 13 points separates the top three challengers in the VP Fuels-Amsoil Championship Points Fund. Tim Seebold, a two-time Formula One P.R.O.P. Tour champion, currently leads the standings with 752 points. Terry Rinker (746 points) and Greg Foster (739 points) are challenging Seebold as the series heads for the last two races of the season. Defending champion Mike Seebold is also mounting a charge in fourth place with 721 points. Todd Beckman holds fifth place with 689 points.
* Foster, Rinker & Beckman Challenge Seebold Brothers Looking to end the Seebold stronghold on the championship, Terry Rinker, Greg Foster and Todd Beckman are within striking distance of the championship. Rinker has finished second, third and fourth this season and looks to win his third career Formula One victory. Foster has been the king of the preliminary heats, winning a total of five this season. He also won his third consecutive race at Saskatoon. Beckman has finished in the top five twice this season and has added four preliminary heat wins.
* Toler, Thornton, Campbell & Kuri Impress Max Toler, Alden Thornton, Jason Campbell and Carlos Kuri have competed at all four races this season and have produced significant results. Toler has secured two third place finishes while Thornton has finished fifth twice and has qualified in the top six at every race. Campbell won a preliminary heat at Bay City and has also secured two fourth place finishes. Kuri has consistently finished in the top ten at every race and currently holds ninth place in the championship.
* Jensen Local Favorite Local resident John Jensen will not only be racing for himself but for the city he resides as he competes next weekend at Windsor. Jensen will have the added pressure to perform in front of friends and family. After securing a heat win at Saskatoon earlier this season, Jensen will look to win his first career Formula One race.
* San Diego to Host Formula One Season Finale The Laughlin Formula One P.R.O.P. Tour presented by Bud Light will conclude its season at the World Series of Powerboat Racing on Mission Bay, San Diego, Calif. September 14-16. The Miracle Toyota Formula One Shootout in Cypress Gardens, Fla. was scheduled to be the last race of the season but was cancelled this week due to the low water levels in Lake Eloise. The Formula One P.R.O.P. Tour is optimistic that the Formula One powerboats will race on Lake Eloise in the future when the water levels return to normal.
In addition to the Formula One race at the Roar of the Rockies, fans will be treated to boat racing from the Superstock Racing Series.
Practice and qualifying for the Formula One Powerboats will begin for the Roar of the Rockies Sunday, September 2 with the finals scheduled for Monday, September 3. The Roar of the Rockies race will be televised on ESPN2 on Sunday, September 23 at 7:00 PM (EDT).
Headquartered in Lake Hamilton, Fla., HYDRO-PROP combines Unlimited Hydroplanes, the biggest, fastest racing boats in the world, with Formula One, the most versatile, fastest accelerating and fastest turning boats in the world. HYDRO-PROP events are held throughout North America and are televised during prime time on ESPN2. For more information on HYDRO-PROP, visit www.hydroprop.com <http://www.hydroprop.com>.