Cary J.C. Agajanian Completes DIRT MotorSports Board of Directors NORMAN, Okla. -- Sept. 1, 2006 -- When Cary J.C. Agajanian joined the DIRT MotorSports Board of Directors on Thursday, he completed an impressive group of highly respected ...
Cary J.C. Agajanian Completes DIRT MotorSports Board of Directors
NORMAN, Okla. -- Sept. 1, 2006 -- When Cary J.C. Agajanian joined the DIRT MotorSports Board of Directors on Thursday, he completed an impressive group of highly respected executives with a lifetime of experience in motor sports, media, marketing and finance.
This new Board will help guide the DIRT MotorSports operating team as it moves forward to continue growing its media and marketing objectives.
The Board of Directors includes:
* Chairman Dr. Harvey W. Schiller, Ph.D. The former Chairman of the YankeeNets organization, Dr. Schiller helped to create the regional sports network featuring Major League Baseball's New York Yankees and the NBA's New Jersey Nets. In addition, he was in charge of sports programming for the Turner Broadcasting System and president of Turner Sports, where he was responsible for the acquisition and production of all sports programming on TBS Superstation and TNT, as well as successfully completing several negotiations with NASCAR. Dr. Schiller, a pilot in the U.S. Air Force who attained the rank of Brigadier General, also was the Executive Director/Secretary General of the United States Olympic Committee, working directly in support of the planning and award of the 1996 Centennial Olympic Games to the city of Atlanta. He also was a member of the International Olympic Committee marketing and television and radio committees. In December 1994, he was awarded the prestigious Olympic Order, the highest decorated honor presented to an individual by the IOC.
"I am looking forward to furthering the development of DIRT MotorSports," Dr. Schiller said. "The company has assembled a strong operating team and the Board is committed to being a valuable resource."
* Cary J.C. Agajanian. Involved in motor sports all his life, Mr. Agajanian has represented more than 20 different sanctioning bodies and negotiated hundreds of contracts with major corporations for title sponsorship, track signage, television programming and racing teams. His family has promoted motor sports events for more than 70 years. Mr. Agajanian often is sought for his lectures stemming from his experience in nearly all facets of the industry, including from his perspective as a Car Owner, Sanctioning Body Director, Event Promoter, Race Track Owner and Operator, Driver Representative, Legal Counsel, and/or Competition Rules Committee member. He also offers an extensive legal background in motor sports. He was closely involved with proposed legislation that was eventually adopted in several jurisdictions to protect sanctioning bodies and car owners.
"DIRT MotorSports has assembled an impressive, highly skilled team to lead the organization," Mr. Agajanian said. "It is clear the Company is growing and I am excited at the opportunity to help shape its future and solidify the organization as a leader in the motor sports industry."
* Daniel W. Rumsey. Mr. Rumsey has an extensive legal and finance background, dating to 1987 when he served as a staff attorney in the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission's Division of Corporation Finance. He has also served as assistant general counsel for Terra Industries, Inc., a company involved in the production and marketing of nitrogen products for agricultural and industrial markets, and associate general counsel and corporate secretary of EchoStar Communications Corporation, a company engaged in direct broadcast satellite subscription television services. Mr. Rumsey is currently a director of Wave Wireless, Corp., a company that manufactures and markets wireless telecommunication equipment for telecommunications networks.
* Lyle W. Miller. Mr. Miller is a founding Director and Vice Chairman, Member of the Executive Committee of Capitol Bancorp Limited, a publicly traded bank holding company. Mr. Miller is also a member of the Board of Directors for AMERA Mortgage Corporation and Ingham Regional Healthcare Foundation. Additionally, Mr. Miller is currently President and Owner of L.W. Miller Holding Company; President and Shareholder of Northern Leasing & Sales, Inc., and Northern Connections, Inc., each a privately-held company engaged in the real estate business; a partner of MahMill Acres, a privately- held real estate development partnership; and President and Shareholder of Landings' Restaurant in Charlevoix, MI.
* Robert F. Hussey. Mr. Hussey currently serves on the Board of Directors of Axcess International, Inc. and Digital Lightwave, Inc. Mr. Hussey served as the Interim President and CEO of Digital Lightwave, Inc., from February 2005 to March 2006. From 2001 to 2005 Mr. Hussey was the Chief Operating Officer and Director of H.C. Wainwright & Co., Inc. Mr. Hussey has an extensive operational and financial background and has been appointed to serve as the Chairman of the Company's Audit Committee.
"Dr. Schiller brings to the Board of Directors a broad perspective and a history of industry recognized leadership in sports marketing and media," said DIRT MotorSports President and CEO Tom Deery. "Cary Agajanian's lifelong experience as a leader in the Auto Racing Industry, as well as his opinions and guidance, will be a valuable asset to our Board.
"In addition, Dan Rumsey is a true finance grounded attorney who was on staff with the SEC as an attorney, Lyle Miller is a business man with a good balance of big company and entrepreneur experience and Bob Hussey has a broad business background and really brings a strong media and marketing contact list from his previous ownership of a media company.
"Together, we will move forward to execute our significantly expanded marketing and media objectives with all of our exciting motor sports properties to bring our fans and the supporters of dirt track racing the best events possible."
-credit: dirt motorsports