* Rich History ... This weekend marks Richard Childress Racing's first ARCA Racing Series appearance at Salem Speedway but the 41-year-old organization is no stranger to the ARCA Racing Series. George competed in the first two races of 2010 under...
* Rich History ... This weekend marks Richard Childress Racing's first ARCA Racing Series appearance at Salem Speedway but the 41-year-old organization is no stranger to the ARCA Racing Series. George competed in the first two races of 2010 under the RCR banner and Austin Dillon drove the No. 31 Chevrolet in four ARCA Racing Series starts over the last two seasons. Kevin Harvick raced in two ARCA events for RCR in 1999.
* ARCA Nation ... Cast your vote for Tim George Jr. in ARCA Nation's Most Post Popular Driver contest presented by National Speed Sport News by visiting the driver's ARCA Nation page - www.arcanation.com/rcr31.
Race Notes and Quotes:
* This Week's RCR Chevrolet at Salem ... Tim George Jr. will pilot chassis No. 152 from the Richard Childress Racing ARCA Racing Series stable in this weekend's Kentuckiana Ford Dealers ARCA 200. This car formally competed in the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series with driver Clint Bowyer, producing a sixth-place finish at Atlanta Motor Speedway in March 2007. Bowyer also drove this car in NSCS races at Michigan (June 2007; finished 16), Texas (April 2007; finished 16 and November 2007; finished 19) and Dover (June 2007; finished eighth and September 2007; finished 12).
* Past Salem History ... Tim George Jr. has two previous starts at Salem Speedway, both in 2009, with a career best start of 12th (April 2009) and a career best finish of 22nd (September 2009).
* Meet the Driver ... George will sign autographs as part of an ARCA Racing Series autograph session on Sunday, April 11, from 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. local time prior to competing in the same-day Kentuckiana Ford Dealers ARCA 200 presented by ApplianceZone.com.
* Driver Education ... Following Salem, George, Jr., will participate in Bob Bondurant's School of High Performance Driving in Chandler, Ariz., along with fellow RCR drivers Austin Dillon and Ty Dillon.
Tim George Jr.:
Are you excited about racing at Salem Speedway?
"I'm excited to race at the first short track of the ARCA schedule. This will be my third time at Salem, but the first time at a short track with RCR. I'm looking forward to putting that Chevy power down with my guys who have been hard at work, because we have a busy next three weeks on the racing calendar."