Alli Owens Eyes Pocono Win; Needs to Mow Her Lawn; Driver of No. 19 ElectrifyingCareers.com Toyota Looks to Continue String of Career-Bests Alli Owens Pocono Fast Facts: * The Pocono ARCA 200 will mark Owens' second start at Pocono Raceway *...
Alli Owens Eyes Pocono Win; Needs to Mow Her Lawn; Driver of No. 19 ElectrifyingCareers.com Toyota Looks to Continue String of Career-Bests
Alli Owens Pocono Fast Facts:
* The Pocono ARCA 200 will mark Owens' second start at Pocono Raceway
* In her previous two races (Rockingham, April and Talladega, April), Owens achieved career-best finishes in each event, 12th place and 6th place respectively.
* Last season at Pocono, Owens started 18th and finished 24th in the June ARCA RE/MAX race following a power steering failure
* Owens' team owner Eddie D'Hondt promised to buy her a new lawn mower if she wins the ARCA event this weekend
* Owens will appear at Local Union 152 in Wilkes-Barre, PA this Thursday to meet its electricians and apprentices
Alli Owens Comments on Pocono Raceway:
"Eddie (D'Hondt, team owner) and I have a bet on the Pocono race. If I win, he's going to buy me a lawn mower. I just moved into a new house earlier this year and my yard is a mess. I don't have a mower yet and my grass is getting out of control. Of course I'd love to win the race regardless of the bet, but a new mower sure would be nice.
"Last year at Pocono, shifting three times per lap was a challenge. This year, we won't be shifting gears at all, so that will be one less thing to worry with. The track is completely unique. We don't go anywhere else like it. Each turn is a different challenge. It's impossible to have a perfect setup at Pocono, so you try to focus on getting your car really good in certain sections of the track. It's really important that you have it turning well in Turn 3 because that leads you into the long straightaway. If you hit your marks, you get over 200 mph on the frontstretch. If you mess that part up, you'll be watching everyone else go by you in a flash.
"I'm really looking forward to it. I think my experience there last year, being able to do really well, has made Pocono one of my favorite tracks. The ElectrifyingCareers.com team has really good setup notes that they'll be bringing. It's made me confident that we have a good run in store."