Alli Owens Optimistic for Third Straight Top-10 Alli Owens Michigan International Speedway Fast Facts: * The Racing for Wildlife 200 will mark Owens' second start at Michigan International Speedway (MIS) * Owens scored her second-consecutive...
Alli Owens Optimistic for Third Straight Top-10
Alli Owens Michigan International Speedway Fast Facts:
* The Racing for Wildlife 200 will mark Owens' second start at Michigan International Speedway (MIS)
* Owens scored her second-consecutive top-10 last weekend at Pocono Raceway (Talladega Superspeedway - sixth place, Pocono Raceway - 10th place)
* Last season at MIS, Owens started 27th and finished 24th in the Racing for Wildlife 200
* Owens will race the same chassis this week at MIS that she competed with last weekend at Pocono Raceway
* Owens will appear at Local Union 252 in Ann Arbor, MI this Wednesday to meet its electricians and apprentices
Alli Owens Comments on Michigan International Speedway:
"You can definitely feel the speed at Michigan (International Speedway). It's pretty cool. When you're at Daytona (International Speedway) and Talladega (Superspeedway), you race in the draft, which makes it hard to appreciate how fast you're going because everyone around you is going the same speed. At Michigan, there are cars all over the race track. When you go flying past someone, you realize how quick you're moving.
"Michigan is a multi-groove track. Whether your car is tight or loose, there's a groove on the track for it to compete. I look forward to racing there because it's not just a game of follow the leader. You don't have to wait for the car in front of you to slip up or move out of the way. You can change your line and pass someone without being held up.
"The ElectrifyingCareers.com team gave me an awesome car at Pocono. We scored our second-straight top-10. We're bringing the same piece to Michigan this week. I think we can keep the momentum rolling. Hopefully we can come away with our first top-five."