Frank Kimmel: The Making of 400 Kimmel Set to Celebrate Career Start No. 400 at Iowa Speedway MOORESVILLE, N.C. (July 8, 2010) - Frank Kimmel has already proven he is a winner, a champion, and an icon in the ARCA Racing Series presented...
Frank Kimmel: The Making of 400
Kimmel Set to Celebrate Career Start No. 400 at Iowa Speedway
MOORESVILLE, N.C. (July 8, 2010) - Frank Kimmel has already proven he is a winner, a champion, and an icon in the ARCA Racing Series presented by RE/MAX and Menards and he takes all of these labels to Iowa Speedway, where he will make his 400th-career ARCA Racing Series start. Kimmel will be driving his No. 44 Ansell/Menards Ford Fusion, but it will have a different look, a bright orange, red and yellow paint scheme celebrating his milestone start. As the only returning Iowa winner entered in the Prairie Meadows 200, Kimmel hopes to celebrate his milestone race in victory lane Saturday night.
"It's amazing to me that we have made it this far," commented Kimmel. "When I started my first ARCA race I didn't know if that would be my last, and I wouldn't get the opportunity to do it again. To think that we finally got hooked up and ran for an entire season, and then we were able to run for championships and to accomplish all that we have. It's pretty remarkable that we have been this fortunate to be here."
Kimmel will have a good luck charm on along his side Saturday night as he will be reunited with long-time team owner Larry Clement. Clement will be calling the shots from atop the spotters stand at Iowa Speedway for the Prairie Meadows 200. Kimmel and Clement made an almost unbeatable team in their time together, winning nine championships before Kimmel went on to start his own team, Kimmel Racing, with his brother and crew chief, Bill.
"I am really looking forward to having Larry Clement back as our spotter at Iowa. With my 400th start this weekend, I felt that it was only fitting to ask Larry to come back and spot for me at Iowa. Larry and I have a tremendous amount of success together and we are hoping that by reuniting together we will return to victory lane."
Seeing Kimmel back in victory lane at Iowa Speedway would come as no surprise as he is the only Iowa winner entered in the race. Along with his win at Iowa in 2007 Kimmel also has third (2008) and seventh-place (2009) finishes. His only finish outside the top-10 came in 2006 when an overheating problem relegated him to a 32nd-place finish.
"Kimmel's Top 10"
Normally Frank Kimmel gives a look at his "Top 10" before each ARCA Racing Series Race, but on the brinks of this 400th-career start we will instead take a look at 10 moments that have lead the nine-time champion to start No. 400
10. First career ARCA Racing Series Start- Toledo Speedway driving for Jack Wallace.
9. 1992 Season- Earned Rookie of the Year honors while finishing fifth in the championship standings in his first full season of ARCA Racing Series competition.
8. First Career ARCA Racing Series win- Toledo Speedway, 1994
7. August 18th, 1996- Kimmel makes 100th-career start at Springfield, ILL in the Super Chevy Dealer 100. Kimmel finished 31st after a DNF ended his day early.
6. 1997 Season- Joins Larry Clement for the start of a long, winning partnership. They went on to finish second in points while winning one race in 1997. The duo went on to win nine ARCA Racing Series Championships in their time together.
5. 1998 Season- Wins First ARCA Racing Series Championship, along the way Kimmel racked up nine victories throughout the season, setting an ARCA Racing Series record.
4. June 22, 2001- Kimmel makes 200th-career start in the Memphis ARCA RE/MAX 150 at Memphis Speedway. He went on to earn a third-place finish.
3. September 5, 2005- Kimmel makes 300th-career start in the Southern Illinois 100 at DuQuoin. Kimmel ended the day in victory lane.
2. 2008 Season- Frank, along with his brother and crew chief Bill Kimmel, JR start Kimmel Racing. They go on to win three races and finish second in the championship standings.
1. July 10, 2010- Kimmel makes 400th-career start at Iowa Speedway.
See You at Menards: Kimmel fans will have four opportunities to meet Frank Kimmel this week. On Wednesday, July 7, he will be at the Menards store in Clive from 5:00 - 6:30 p.m. CDT and at Menards in Des Moines from 7:30 - 9:00 p.m. CDT. Thursday will bring Kimmel to Ankeny from 5:00 - 6:30 p.m. CDT and Altoona from 7:30 - 9:00 p.m. CDT. Along with meeting Frank Kimmel, fans will have the first opportunity to see Kimmel's special-edition paint scheme on his No. 44 Ansell/Menards Ford Fusion.
In The Points: Kimmel's fifth-place finish at Pocono solidified his sixth-place position in the championship standings, sitting only 150 markers behind points leader.
Autographs: On Friday, July 9, Frank Kimmel will join several ARCA Racing Series drivers at Prairie Meadows Casino to sign autographs from 7:00 - 8:00 p.m. CDT.
No. 44 Ansell/Menards Ford Fusion: Chassis No. 440. Crew Chief, Bill Kimmel Jr., has chosen to run chassis No. 440, at Iowa Speedway. This will be the first appearance for "Biff" this season. He last ran this chassis at Rockingham Speedway last season.
-source: kimmel racing