* Toyota will make its first start in the ARCA RE/MAX Series during Saturday's Daytona ARCA 200. * Brandon Whitt will be driving the No.51 Brandon Whitt Racing Camry on Saturday. Whitt earned a win for Toyota in 2005 while competing in...
* Toyota will make its first start in the ARCA RE/MAX Series during Saturday's Daytona ARCA 200.
* Brandon Whitt will be driving the No.51 Brandon Whitt Racing Camry on Saturday. Whitt earned a win for Toyota in 2005 while competing in the NASCAR Craftsman Truck Series at the Memphis Motorsports Park.
* Josh Wise will be driving the No.22 Eddie Sharp Racing Camry on Saturday. Wise is scheduled to compete for Darrell Waltrip Racing behind the wheel of a Toyota Tundra in the NASCAR Craftsman Truck Series in a select number of events throughout the 2007 season.
* Wise qualified in the 18th position with a lap time of 50.538 seconds at 178.084mph.
* Whitt qualified in the 23rd position with a lap time of 50.710 seconds at 177.480mph.
JOSH WISE, No.22 Eddie Sharp Racing Toyota Camry, Eddie Sharp Racing:
"The car drove a lot better than it did yesterday and I think that gave me a lot more confidence on how it's going to race. Our ultimate goal is to race good, it is always nice to qualify well, but it is all about the race. I always go into qualifying expecting to be first, but we had a solid run and we will have a great car for tomorrow. This Eddie Sharp Racing team worked really hard to get this car ready for this weekend and we have made a lot of improvements. As long as we are learning and improving, those are the most important things."
"There is a lot of pressure being one of the first Toyotas to take to the track in competition, but really no more pressure than I put on myself already. This is an exciting week for Toyota and I am just really excited to be a part of it."
BRANDON WHITT, No.51 Brandon Whitt Racing Toyota Camry, Brandon Whitt Racing:
"We knew we weren't going to be very good by ourselves based on what we saw yesterday during practice. But the thing that matters is how we run tomorrow and we were very pleased with the way the car handled in the draft. Our BWR Camry is set up to be there at the end of the race tomorrow although we didn't want to start quite that far back, we will just have to take it and move our way up tomorrow."
"The plan for tomorrow is to race smart, be there at the end of the race and learn as much as we can. We just want to be there at the end and be in position for a top-five finish with five or ten laps to go in the race."