Path Valley Opens Bike Racing Season Spring Run, PA_ The American Motorcyclists Association (AMA) besieged Path Valley Speedway Park with well over 120 entries Saturday night and the crew of Two Wheel Promotions provided them all with two ...
Path Valley Opens Bike Racing Season
Spring Run, PA_ The American Motorcyclists Association (AMA) besieged Path Valley Speedway Park with well over 120 entries Saturday night and the crew of Two Wheel Promotions provided them all with two warm-ups, heat races and feature events for 24 classes -- and finished the racing before 11:30.
"We are honored and proud that so many top riders come to Path Valley," said senior race director John Winsett, "and they showed us some outstanding close racing tonight."
Among the many top riders visiting victory lane were Grand National Champion Richard Winsett of Bainbridge and past national amateur champions John Lewis V, Austin Greenland, Joe Dohm and both Cory and Shayna Texter.
It was Dane Delancey of Port Royal who copped top kudos with three wins in the highly competitive AMA four-wheelers. Delancey, a regular in Saturday afternoon quad racing at Path Valley, won the two-stroke, four-stroke and Sportsman features for an unprecedented sweep of the main events.
This was the last chance for bikes and AMA quads to race on the Path Valley clay prior to the Northeast Nationals Memorial Day Weekend, May 29-31. That premier national motorcycle event features Rodeo, Short Track sponsored by Action Motorsports, and TT (Tourist Trophy) sponsored by Woodward's ATV races at Path Valley, and the Half Mile sponsored by Lexus of Cherry Hill at Williams Grove, all produced by Two Wheel Promotions.
The Path Valley Speedway Park is located in Spring Run PA a mile north on PA Route 641 from the intersection with PA Route 75, halfway between Port Royal and Hagerstown. It is five miles east from the Willow Hill Exit 14 of the PA Turnpike. The new phone number at the track is 717-349-7111. For information on the 2004 schedule and rules, race teams and fans can consult our website at www.pathvalley.com or they can email Two Wheel Promotions at firstname.lastname@example.org.
<pre> FINISH ORDER:
4-Wheel 2-Stroke --
1. Dane Delancey of Port Royal on #6 Yamaha; 2. Matt Dice 3. Cory Buhrman 4. Nick Saner 5. Gregory Spicka 6. John Dougherty
1. Cory Texter of Willow Street on #65 Honda; 2. Matthew Young
1. John Lewis V of Brandamore on #21 Honda 2. Chris Klinefelter 3. Donald Mullen II 4. Shawn Baer 5. Thomas McGrane Jr. 6. Thomas Majeski
1. Dane Delancey of Port Royal on #6 Yamaha 2. Matt Dice 3. Daniel Kelly 4. Cory Buhrman 5. John Daugherty 6. Glen Coldsmith 7. To Hegland 8. Gregory Spicka 9. Charles Carroll Jr. 10. Robert Allen
1. Todd Kendig of Mechanicsburg on #11 Rotax 2. Richard Mellinger 3. Dallas Baer 4. Thomas Majeski 5. Lowell Wherley 6. David Smith 7. Aaron Humphrey 8. Michael Koppenhaver 9. Joseph Dohm 10. Kenneth Yoder Jr.
1. Erik Burkholder of Glen Mills on #8 Yamaha 2. Matthew Doorey
1. Shayna Texter of Willow Street on #25 Honda 2. Daniel Boyce III
1. Larry Weiss of Quakertown on #8K Honda 2. Chris Davis 3. Nicholas Taylor 4. Neil Dancho 5. William Allen
1. Dane Delancey of Port Royal on #6 Yamaha 2. Cory Buhrman 3. Daniel Kelly 4. John Dougherty 5. Nick Saner 6. Tom Hegland
1. Ryan Varnes of New Holland on #68
1. Tyler Stacey of Akron on #91 LEM 2. A.J. Schmidt
85cc Mod 12-15
1. Shayna Texter of Willow Street on #25 Yamaha 2. Cody Gillan 3. Brent Fetrow 4. Daniel Boyce III
1. Richard Winsett of Bainbridge on #25 Rotax 2. Shawn Baer 3. Jason Isennock 4. Bryan Douglas
50cc PeeWee Oil Injected
1. Colton Smith of Street MD on #41 KTM 2. Kyle McGrane 3. Dylan Winsett 4. Kyle Akeret 5. Austin Petty
1. Joe Dohm of Red Lion on #38A Rotax 2. Lowell Wherley 3. Michael Keane 4. James Chapman 5. David Smith 6. Chris Davis 7. Don Shoemaker Jr. 8. Timothy Wolfe 9. Barney Doratt
1. Cassidy Heiser of York on #67A Suzuki 2. Daniel Bromley 3. A.J. Schmidt 4. Kevin Bills
1. Cory Texter of Willow Street on #65 Bultaco 2. James Chapman 3. Nicholas Taylor 4. William Allen
1. John Lewis V of Bandamore on #21 Rotax 2. Shawn Baer 3. Richard Winsett 4. Bryan Douglas 5. Chris Klinefelter 6. Donald Mullen II 7. Thomas McGrane 8. Roy Miller 9. Brandon Robinson 10. Doug Reinert 11. Jason Isennock 12. Kenneth Yoder Jr.
1. Brandon Robinson on Oxford on #44 Honda 2. Richard Radley 3. Austin Greenland 4. Chris McCarty 5. Evan Baer 6. Bryan Armstrong 7. Robert Cazillo 8. Joey Parks 9. Mitchell Harvat 10. Jordon Harris
1. Jason Isennock of Timonium MD on #30S Triumph 2. Shawn Baer 3. Sammy Sabedra 4. Larry Weiss 5. Bryan Douglas 6. Thomas Majeski
85cc Mod 7-11
1. Cassidy Heiser of York on #67A Honda 2. Tyler Kidwell 3. Derek Hersh 4. Max William Harvat 5. Daniel Bromley
1. Doug Reinert of Douglassville on #30 KTM 2. Nicholas Arment 3. Raymond Lied
505 Open B
1. Ryan Henderson of Freeland MD on #95S ATK 2. Cory Texter 3. Michael Radley 4. Jonathan Reid 5. Vince Bower 6. Nicholas Henderson 7. Henry Mangers
1. Austin Greenland of Spring Mills on #1NE KTM 2. Jordon Harris 3. Joey Parks 4. Michael Radley 5. Shayna Texter 6. Frankie Valentin 7. Brandon Robinson