Bryan Herta on the Acura Sports Car Challenge: "I think my knowledge of the track will help me a little bit in the first session but after everyone gets a few laps, I don't think it will be a deciding factor by the time the race...
Bryan Herta on the Acura Sports Car Challenge:
"I think my knowledge of the track will help me a little bit in the first session but after everyone gets a few laps, I don't think it will be a deciding factor by the time the race rolls around. Every race feels important when you get to it but I think this race will be a different challenge for us. This is the first sprint race for us and it will be decided on outright speed. We won Sebring by not making mistakes and having reliability in the XM Satellite Radio Acura. This race will be won with speed so it's important because it takes a different strategy to win the race."
Bryan Herta Facts
* Herta teamed with Dario Franchitti and Tony Kanaan to win the LMP2 class of the Mobil 1 Twelve Hours of Sebring, the most recent ALMS event. It was Andretti Green Racing's first start in ALMS.
* The win was Herta's first ALMS victory in his 11th career start.
* Herta, Franchitti and Kanaan are the only three drivers in history to win an IndyCar® Series race, a CART race and an American Le Mans Series race.
* This will be Herta's third career start on the temporary street course at St. Petersburg. His first two starts came as a part of Andretti Green's IndyCar Series program. Herta started on the pole for the inaugural St. Pete event in 2005. He finished fourth in his previous two St. Pete races.
* Herta had 10 starts in ALMS in 2002 with Panoz Motorsports that included five top-five finishes.
* Herta has five career major America racing wins including two in the IndyCar Series and two in CART. He has 10 career major American racing poles.
Marino Franchitti on the Acura Sports Car Challenge:
"Having been here the last couple of years, I think St. Pete is a world-class event. All the drivers I know love the track. I'm sure I'll love the track, too, so I just can't wait to get out there Friday morning and get on with it. We spent some time testing the XM Satellite Radio Acura this week and Steve (Newey, race engineer) ran us through a great program. I'm looking forward to driving with Bryan and working hard on getting a second win for Andretti Green Racing this weekend."
Marino Franchitti Facts
* The will be Franchitti's first ALMS start for Andretti Green Racing.
* This is Franchitti's 22nd career start in the ALMS.
* Franchitti scored the fastest qualifying lap in his class at the 2004 Sebring event.
* He has two runner-up class finishes in his ALMS career.
* He was part of the GT2-class winning team at Adria.
Steve Newey, Race Engineer, #26 XM Satellite Radio Acura, on the Acura Sports Car Challenge:
"We are looking forward to the Acura Sports Car Challenge and the sprint race format. The team is well prepared and optimistic that we will be very competitive. Marino will join Bryan for this event and he has done very well in testing. He has been quick on track and working hard off track to contribute to the development of the XM Satellite Radio car."