Sterling Marlin, No. 40 Coors Light Dodge No. 40 TEAM FACTS: * Chassis: The Coors Light team will race chassis ...
Sterling Marlin, No. 40 Coors Light Dodge
No. 40 TEAM FACTS:
* Chassis: The Coors Light team will race chassis #205 at Atlanta Motor Speedway. This is the first time that the car will be raced in 2005. The team was scheduled to bring chassis #401 before it was involved in a multi-car accident in Las Vegas. In four starts in 2004, chassis #205 has one top-five and one top-10 finish.
* Qualifying at Atlanta: Marlin's highest start at Atlanta Motor Speedway is second from the fall race of 2001.
* Racing at Atlanta: In 20 starts in the spring race at Atlanta Motor Speedway, Marlin has one top-five and five top-10 finishes.
* Double Duty: This will be Marlin's fourth weekend piloting the No. 40 Dodge for FitzBradshaw Racing. Marlin will also be racing at Nashville next weekend in front of his hometown crowd while the NEXTEL Cup teams have the weekend off.
* NASCAR NEXTEL Cup points standings: Marlin's 35th-place finish dropped him to 17th in the points standings, 51 points out of the top-10 and 202 points out of the top spot.
STERLING MARLIN QUOTES:
"We had some bad luck last weekend with that wreck. The Coors Light team worked hard though to make sure we got back out and got as many positions as we could. We are going to keep working hard and going after the top-five and top-10 finishes, and hopefully, we will be pulling the Coors Light Dodge into victory lane soon."