Porsches at Petit Le Mans after seven hours. ATLANTA, Georgia -- October 12 -- Despite a fuel pick-up problem which requires extra stops to top the fuel, Sascha Maassen and Lucas Luhr continue to lead the GT field with their ...
Porsches at Petit Le Mans after seven hours.
ATLANTA, Georgia -- October 12 -- Despite a fuel pick-up problem which requires extra stops to top the fuel, Sascha Maassen and Lucas Luhr continue to lead the GT field with their #23 Alex Job Racing McKenna Porsche 911 GT3 RS at the Petit Le Mans at Road Atlanta at the seven hour mark.
Second, three laps down, is the #31 Petersen Motorsports Porsche of Randy Pobst and Johnny Mowlem , while the Kelleners/Lazzaro Ferrari is third.
The #22 Alex Job team Porsche, with Timo Bernhard/Jorg Bergmeister/Marc Lieb, was running second when an oil leak caused the car's retirement half-way through the event. When the Alex Job car retired, it assured third place overall in the final GT point standings for Kevin Buckler, whose #66 The Racer's Group Porsche -- Michael Schrom and Brian Cunningham co-driving -- is currently fourth. The #43 Orbit Racing Porsche of Leo Hindery/Tony Kester/Peter Baron is fifth.
AUDI PETIT LE MANS GT Top Ten -- Seven hours
Road Atlanta, Braselton, Georgia
1. #23, Lucas Luhr, Monaco; Sascha Maassen, Aachen, Germany; Alex Job Racing McKenna Porsche Xybernaut Mobil 1 Michelin Porsche 911 GT3 RS, 231 laps v 2. #31, Michael Petersen, Las Vegas, NV; Randy Pobst, Atlanta, GA; Johnny Mowlem, London, England; Petersen Motorsports Porsche 911 GT3 RS, 228 laps
3. #35, Anthony Lazzaro, Acworth, GA; Ralf Kelleners, Duesseldorf, Germany; Risi Competition Ferrari Modena 360, 227 laps
4. #66, Kevin Buckler, Sonoma, CA; Brian Cunningham / Danville, KY; The Racers Group Mail2Web.com Adobe Road Winery Rennlist.com / Brackenridge Racing,Porsche 911 GT3 RS, 225 laps
5. #43, Leo Hindery, Hillsborough, CA; Peter Baron / San Mateo, CA; Tony Kester, Michigan City, IN; Orbit YES Network, Michelin Porsche 911 GT3 RS, 225 laps
6. #52, Tony Burgess, Toronto, Canada; Philip Collin, Park Ridge, IN; Grady Willingham, Birmingham, AL; Seikel Motorsports Porsche 911 GT3 RS, 220 laps
7. #40, Carlos de Quesada, Miami, FL; Scooter Gable, Tampa, FL , Boris Said, Carlsbad, CA; Alegra Motorsports, BMW M3, 219 laps
8. #60, Philip Peter, Austria; Joe Foster, Lawrenceville, GA; Giovanni Anapoli, Italy; P.K. Sport Porsche 911 Gt3 RS, 214 laps
9. #42, Gary Schultheis, Boca Raton, FL; Joe Policastro, Greenburg, PA; Jay Policastro; Orbit Racing Porsche 911 GT3 RS, 211 laps
10. #98, Stephane Ortelli, Monaco; Christophe Bouchut, Paris, France; Cirtek Motorsport Porsche 911 GT3 RS, 209 laps
#22, Timo Bernhard, Miesau, Germany; Jorg Bergmeister, Langenfeld, Germany; Marc Lieb/Germany, Alex Job Racing McKenna Porsche Xybernaut Mobil 1 Michelin Porsche 911 GT3 RS, Retired (engine)
#79, Justin Jackson, Buford, GA; Mike Fitzgerald, Phoenix, AZ; David Murry, Atlanta, GA J3 Racing, J3 Motorsport, Inc., Porsche 911 GT3 RS, Retired (engine)
#61, Steve Donovan, Nottingham, England; Gavin Pickering, England; Piers Masarati; P.K, Sport Porsche 911 GT3 RS, Retired (crash)