Michelin Fast Facts * Michelin-shod Audis Sweep Podium - Starting from the pole position, Rinaldo Capello and Tom Kristensen won today's inaugural European Le Mans Series (ELMS) race at Donington Park in the United Kingdom. Teammates ...
Michelin Fast Facts
* Michelin-shod Audis Sweep Podium - Starting from the pole position, Rinaldo Capello and Tom Kristensen won today's inaugural European Le Mans Series (ELMS) race at Donington Park in the United Kingdom. Teammates Frank Biela and Emanuele Pirro finished second ahead of Stefan Johansson and Guy Smith in third.
* Michelin Scores GT Victory With Porsche - Lucas Luhr and Sascha Maassen won the GT category in the McKenna Porsche. Their Alex Job Racing teammates Randy Pobst and Christian Menzel finished second.
* Michelin Holds Distinction of Winning Inaugural ELMS and ALMS Events - With their overall victory today, Michelin and Audi are credited with scoring the first-ever victory in the ELMS. BMW and Michelin hold the same distinction in the American Le Mans Series (ALMS), having won the series' first event in 1999, which was held at the 12 Hours of Sebring.
* Michelin's American Teams Update - In the LMP900 category, the two Panoz Motorsports entries finished sixth (Klaus Graf and Gualter Salles) and seventh (David Brabham and Jan Magnussen). The McKenna Porsches from Alex Job Racing finished first (Lucas Luhr and Sascha Maassen) and second (Randy Pobst and Christian Menzel) in the GT category.
* Michelin Sets Fastest Lap; Leads Every Lap - Michelin cars led all 115 of the laps in today's race. Michelin cars recorded the fastest qualifying and race laps this weekend in the LMP900 and GT categories.
* All-New Chrysler LMP900 Makes Debut - Olivier Beretta and Yannick Dalmas debuted the all-new Chrysler LMP900 fitted with Michelin tires today. The duo finished 21st. Chrysler and Michelin won the past three GTS titles at Le Mans, the 2000 Rolex 24 at Daytona and 16 of 18 races entered in the ALMS in 1999 and 2000.
* Tire Championship Update - With its victories in the overall (LMP900) and GT categories today, Michelin took the early lead in the ELMS Tire Championship. In the ALMS, Michelin leads Goodyear in the LMP900 category. Michelin leads Yokohama, Goodyear and Dunlop in the GT category. Michelin is the defending ALMS Tire Champion in the LMP900, GTS and GT categories.
* Sports Car Domination - Michelin has dominated sports car racing the past few seasons, having won 21 of 22 ALMS races since the series' inception in 1999 as well as the last four 24 Hour of Le Mans races, the three most recent 12 Hours at Sebring and last two Petit Le Mans events.