Who: #26 XM Satellite Radio Acura drivers Bryan Herta and Marino Franchitti
What: Lone Star Grand Prix, Round 4 of the American Le Mans Series, LMP2 Class
Where: Temporary street circuit, Houston, Texas
When: Saturday, April 21, 2007
Bryan Herta on the Lone Star Grand Prix:
"Obviously, the result at Long Beach was disappointing, so it's good to have a race coming back the next week so you don't dwell on it.
"We've got to learn the track at Houston, but hopefully we can carry on what we've been doing with the car at the last two street courses. The XM Satellite Radio Acura has been good everywhere we've gone. We just need to keep working.
"I've heard Houston is the bumpiest place in the whole world, so I'm going there expecting it to be very rough. We'll just have to work pretty hard on the setup to adjust for that."
Bryan Herta Facts
* This will be Herta's first start at Houston.
* Herta and co-driver Dario Franchitti posted a sixth-place finish at last Saturday's Grand Prix of Long Beach.
* Herta teamed with Dario Franchitti and Tony Kanaan to win the LMP2 class of the Mobil 1 Twelve Hours of Sebring. It was Andretti Green Racing's first start in ALMS.
* The win was Herta's first ALMS victory in his 11th career start.
* Herta, Franchitti and Kanaan are the only three drivers in history to win an IndyCar Series race, a CART race and an American Le Mans Series race.
* Herta had 10 starts in ALMS in 2002 with Panoz Motorsports that included five top-five finishes.
* Herta has five career major American racing wins including two in the IndyCar Series and two in CART. He has 10 career major American racing poles.
Marino Franchitti on the Lone Star Grand Prix:
"I'm excited. I think the car has certainly been fast enough to win the last two races. Everyone has been working really hard. We've had a consistently fast car and hopefully that continues at Houston. If it does, Bryan and I can hopefully get the result that the guys have deserved in the last couple of races.
"I've never run at Houston, but I've been watching a lot of video of it. I believe they've been doing a lot of grinding (on the surface), but it looks like the bumpiest track I've ever seen. Hopefully, it will be better this year than it was last year."
(ON THE SPEED THE XM ACURA HAS SHOWN THUS FAR IN 2007) "With all the hours everyone has put in since the program started, I think they deserve to have a car as quick as the one that we have. I always expected the car to be fast; I don't know that I expected it to be this consistently fast so early in the program. I believe that is just a testament to the hard work that Acura and Andretti Green Racing have done together."
Marino Franchitti Facts
* In his first start with AGR, Franchitti had the overall lead for 17 laps at the Acura Sports Car Challenge of St. Petersburg.
* This is Franchitti's 23rd career start in the ALMS; second with Andretti Green Racing.
* Franchitti scored the fastest qualifying lap in his class at the 2004 Sebring event.
* He has two runner-up class finishes in his ALMS career.
* He was part of the GT2-class winning team at Adria.