ANTONIO GARCÍA HELPS ADRIAN CAMPOS MOTORSPORT
The Spanish driver will participate in the team testing program
Barcelona, 13 March 2003 The young Spanish driver Antonio Garcia will help Adrian Campos Motorsport in the set-up of their World Series by Nissan cars. Garcia debuted with Marc Gene in the ACM team during the first year of the Formula Nissan Championship, a tittle that he achieved in 2000. Fernando Alonso, the new Formula One wonder-boy, won this Series in 1999 with the same team.
Antonio Garcia, that will competing in the ETCC, will help in the evolution of Marc Gene's car in the World Series, participating in some private testing programs in which the BMWWilliamsF1 driver will be absent.
"Since 1.997 I've been involved in single-seater competitions. I debuted while I was racing in Go-Karts, and since the last two years, I've been sharing this discipline with the GT's. It is a pleasure to help Marc in the development of this car, it is really a very satisfying experience to me. I have been involved in this tea m for so many year now".
Yesterday, Antonio Garcia tested the World Series car at the Circuit of El Jarama during the celebration of the Official Pre-Season Tests. At the end of the day, although he struggled with the same problems that Marc Gene, he was able to lap the seventh fastest lap:
"I thought that I was going to have some problems after my last race in Brazil, but driving is like riding a bicycle, you never forget it. At least, II could manage myself to achieve a good result at the end of the day, although my best lap could be improved, as there was a red flag when I was on my flying lap. I could only complete one clear lap".
World Series by Nissan
Official Practice Time (All four sessions included)
Circuit of El Jarama 11th and 12th March 2003
1. Narain Kartikheyan IND Carlin Motorsport 1.22.221 (S510)
2. Angel Burgueño SPA Vergani Formula 1.22.248 (S510)
3. Bruce Jouanny FRA Carlin Motorsport 1.22.432 (S510)
4. Enrique Bernoldi BRA RC Motorsport 1.22.545 (S510)
5. Franck Montagny FR Gabord Competicion 1.22.581 (S500)
6. Felix Porteiro SPA KTR 1.22.687 (S510)
7. Paul Edwards USA KTR 1.23 177 (S500)
8. Antonio Garcia SPA Adrian Campos Motorsport 1.23.189 (S510)
9. Tuka Rocha BRA GD Racing 1.23.248 (S510)
10. Heikki Kovalainen FIN Gabord Competicion 1.23.260 (S500)
11. Polo Villaamil SPA RC Motorsport 1.23.293 (S500)
12. Stephane Sarrazin FRA Racing Engineering 1.23.347 (S500)
13. Ander Vilariño SPA Epsilon Euskadi 1.23.484 (S500)
14. Bruno Besson FRA Saulnier Racing 1.23.490 (S500)
15. Bas Leinders BEL Racing Engineering 1.23.544 (S500)
16. Norbert Siedler AUT Superfund Zele Racing 1.23.630 (S500)
17. Santi Porteiro SPA Adrian Campos Motorsport 1.23.740 (S500)
18. Didier Andre FRA Saulnier Racing 1.23.772 (S500)
19. Jean Cristophe Ravier FRA Epsilon Euskadi 1.23.802 (S500)
20. Marc Gene SPA Adrian Campos Motorsport 1.23.821 (S500)
21. Ricardo Gonzalez MEX Vergani Formula 1.24.855 (S500)
22. Milka Duno VEN Vergani Formula 1.27.948 (S500)