Matthias Lauda tops World Series Light test.
The son of Nicki Lauda, in a class by his own
Barcelona 28 February 2003 - Matthias Lauda topped the list of times at the Pres-Season tests of the all-new Series World Series Light in the Circuit de Catalunya.
The teams were still using the old Coloni chassis and the Nissan 2002 engines, as the attend the new Dallara Light 01 cars, powered with the AER 2.0 engines with 250 Hp, a real competition engine able to reach 8.000 rpm.
The car is expected to be 2 seconds faster per lap than a Formula Nissan 2000 car, being this car the fastest 2 litter single seater of the world, clearly superior to a F-3 at a minor cost.
The son of the former F-1 Champion set the fastest timed laps during the two-day private testing, with heavy rain. After a very difficult start last year, Matthias is now ready to target top positions in the forthcoming Season, that will commence the next 18th of May, at Magny Cours (France).
An unusual racing history, without taking part in any Go-Kart Championship, he debuted last year with the Formula Nissan. Lauda Vergani Racing), was fastest than Juan Cruz (Reyco Motorsport), Pablo Donoso (Vergani Racing) and the Adrián Vallés, current Fjunior Spanish Champion and protected by Renault.
BEST REGISTERED LAPS
1. Mathias Lauda (Vergani Racing) 2'04"305
2. Juan Cruz (Meycom) 2'04"623
3. Pablo Donoso (Vergani Racing) 2'04"730
4. Adrián Vallés (Escuela Lois Circuit) 2'04"932
5. Julien Vidot (Epsilon by Graff) 2'05"154
6. José Manuel Pérez Aicart (Escuela Lois Circuit) 2'05"667
7. Benjamín Porón (Epsilon by Graff) 2'07"570
8. Álvaro Barba (Escuela Lois Circuit) 2'08"859
9. Marco Cencetti (Cibiemme Team) 2'13"807
10. Laszlo Szasz (Szasz Motorsport) 2'15"550
11. Chanoch Nissany (Szazs Motorsport) 2'21"639