Sebastien Ogier extends his points lead with his victory in Italy.
Sebastien Ogier continues to dominant the 2014 season with his fourth victory in just six races. The turning points of this rally came in the final stage on Saturday when he forced teammate Jari-Matti Latvala into a mistake. He went on to win the rally by one minute and 23.1 seconds over the Citroen of Mads Ostberg.
Finishing sixth was Martin Prokop, while privateer Henning Solberg came home seventh. Robert Kubica rebounded after he broke the right front wheel off Saturday to finish eighth overall. Lorenzo Bertelli claimed the WRC2 honors with a ninth place finish. Khalid Al Qassimi rounded out the top ten in the Citroen.
Every win this season has gone to VW teammates Latvala and Ogier as the WRC field heads to Poland.
1. Sebastien Ogier - 4hr 02min 37.8s
2. Mads Ostberg - +1min 23.1s
3. Jari-Matti Latvala - +1min 32.8s
4. Andreas Mikkelsen - +2min 39.3s
5. Elfyn Evans - +4min 41.8s
6. Martin Prokop - +6min 05.3s
7. Henning Solberg - +7min 15.8s
8. Robert Kubica - +12min 19.0s
9. Lorenzo Bertelli - +15min 22.1s
10. Khalid Al Qassimi - +16min 49.3s
Check out Nick DeGroot's daily recaps for a detailed look at all the action from Rally Italia...