Countdown for the OMV car-design-competition * Over 240 children from 14 nations took part * Voting at www.owrt.com still possible until Monday, 12.00 240 children and youths from 14 nations had entered designs. Three of these drawings had...
Countdown for the OMV car-design-competition
* Over 240 children from 14 nations took part
* Voting at www.owrt.com still possible until Monday, 12.00
240 children and youths from 14 nations had entered designs. Three of these drawings had made it to the shortlist about one month ago. Since then there has been busy voting activity going on at www.owrt.com. The decision about the winning design is close at hand. Until next Monday (June 18) the voting about the look of the car of Manfred Stohl at the "ADAC Rallye" in Germany from August 17 to 19, 2007 will still go on. Currently the design of Anja from Germany is in the lead by 56% of the votes.
The drawings of over 240 children from 14 nations (Austria, Germany, the Czech Republic, Slovakia, Romania, France, Pakistan, Iran, USA, Japan, Italy, Argentina, Bulgaria and France) were absolutely remarkable. The designs for the car for Germany ranged from a flower meadow over a camel in the desert to a highway that encompasses the whole car. No easy job for the jury (Manfred Stohl, Ilka Minor, Team Principal Marc van Dalen, representatives of Caritas, SOS Children's Village and UNICEF) to chose the best ones. The voting frequency was equally impressive. During the first week alone one out of the three drawings received over 5.000 clicks.
Just four days to the decision
Now for the final spurt. Voting will be possible until Monday, June 18, 12.00. Currently Anja from Germany is in the lead but Radomir and his brother Jaromir from the Czech Republic are close on her heels. Norbert from Austria also still has outsider chances. The voting results so far:
1) Anja (12 years) from Germany - 56% Anja has incorporated the topic "Move & Help" graphically and logo-wise. Balloons and chequered colours dominate the design. The extension of the slogan "Move & Help" on the hood is especially inventive and reads: Manni MOVE faster, Ilka HELP him.
2) Radomir (9 years) and his brother Jaromir (7 years) from the Czech Republic - 40% A highway leads over their car on which the Xsara WRC races along the side of the car and comes out of a tunnel on the rear trunk. Traffic signs and a landscape round off the design.
3) Norbert (10 years) from the SOS Children's Village in Austria - 4% A dragon on the side is meant to speed the OMV Kronos Citroen World Rally Team on. Additionally "little devil" and "little angel" decorate the hood.
Voting at www.owrt.com
In order to choose the final winner the vote of the visitors of the webpage www.owrt.com is necessary. One can vote right on the opening page. A short name was assigned to each of the three designs ("Street", "Move & Help" and "Dragon"). If one clicks the link beside it one can also watch the design.
The young winner and four family members will be invited to the "ADAC Rallye" in Germany from August 17 to 19, 2007.
Rally under the sign of OMV Move & Help
During the season 2007 the drivers of the OMV Kronos Citroen World Rally Team are involved in the international educational program OMV Move & Help. Each completed special stage kilometre is worth EUR 20 and benefits the OMV partners Caritas, SOS Children's Village and UNICEF. The money is used to support educational programs - including road safety - for over 35.000 children and youths in Europe and Pakistan.