Previewing the World of Outlaws at Paducah International Raceway Paducah , KY-April 14, 2010- A doubleheader weekend begins for the World of Outlaws on Friday, April 16 at Paducah International Raceway as the series makes its only appearance of...
Previewing the World of Outlaws at Paducah International Raceway
Paducah , KY-April 14, 2010- A doubleheader weekend begins for the World of Outlaws on Friday, April 16 at Paducah International Raceway as the series makes its only appearance of the season in the Bluegrass state. The event continues a stretch of 18 consecutive weekends of racing for the World of Outlaws which began last weekend in Oklahoma.
Jason Meyers, the current series point leader, was victorious at Paducah International Raceway last season after a runner-up finish in 2008 at the track. Meyers leads the World of Outlaws with four A-Feature wins this season including two in a row and currently has a 24-point lead on 20-time series champion Steve Kinser in the standings.
Craig Dollansky won at Paducah in 2008 to score his first victory at the track. He is one of six drivers that has won this season, picking up a win in Texas last month.
Danny Lasoski, the 2001 World of Outlaws champion, came all the way from 15th to win at Paducah in 2007 on a very blustery night. He has finished sixth or better in three of his four career starts at the track.
The World of Outlaws have raced five times at Paducah International Raceway dating back to 1998, with five different drivers picking up wins in those events.
· Jason Meyers looks for his second consecutive win at Paducah International Raceway and his third straight win as he leads the series to the high-banked 3/8-mile.
· Chad Kemenah has finished in the Top-Five in all three of his career starts at Paducah, including a third-place run in his debut at the track in 2007. He has an average finish of 4.3 at Paducah which is the best of all drivers competing full-time with the series
· Joey Saldana, who has won twice this year and is currently third in points, set a new track record at Paducah last season. Three track records have been established in events so far this season.
· Lucas Wolfe, who made his first start at Paducah last season, finished second last weekend for the third time in his career as he continues to close in on his first World of Outlaws A-Feature win.
· Steve Kinser has finished fourth or better in four of his five career starts at Paducah as he looks for his first win at the track and to add to the amazing list of tracks he has won at during his career.
· Donny Schatz, the four-time and defending World of Outlaws champion, finished second at Paducah last season and has finished seventh or better in each of his last three starts at the track as looks for his first win there.
· Toni Lutar, one of the contenders for the Kevin Gobrecht Rookie of the Year Award this season, will make his first career start at Paducah International Raceway this week. He is coming off a career-best seventh-place finish last weekend in Oklahoma.
· Fellow rookie contender Ben Gregg will also be making his first start at Paducah International Raceway.
"It seems like we have had some good runs down there. Since the first time I went there, I really liked it. For some reason we have had some pretty good runs down there and hopefully we can go back and get another one."
"It's always an exciting place and always has good races. Last year was the first time we ran at Paducah and will go back with some track time. Hopefully we can improve on last year's results. I'm looking forward to going down there and hopefully we can get rolling here in the main part of the season."
"We've been pretty good and the car has been pretty fast this year. Leonard (Lee) has the car running good. Hopefully we can get up there and get a win before too long."
"It's always a great race track and we have always run well there. Before we won there last year, we had finished second and were in contention for a win a couple of times. Hopefully we can have another good weekend and stretch out that point lead a little bit."
By the numbers- Paducah International Raceway
0.375- Miles around Paducah International Raceway
1- Race in the state of Kentucky this season for the World of Outlaws
2 -Drivers competing for the Kevin Gobrecht Rookie of the Year Award this season
3- Drivers currently competing full-time with the World of Outlaws that have won at Paducah
4- Top-10 finishes for Steve Kinser at Paducah International Raceway in his career
4.3- Average finish position for Chad Kemenah at the track to lead all drivers
5- Drivers that have won A-Feature events with the World of Outlaws at the track
6- Drivers that have been victorious so far in 2010
11- Drivers that have led laps in feature events this season
12.825- Track record established by Joey Saldana in time trials last season
17- Drivers competing full-time with the World of Outlaws this season that raced at Paducah last year
18- Drivers currently following the series full-time
24- Points that currently separate series point leader Jason Meyers and second-place Steve Kinser
25- World of Outlaws championships accounted for by drivers competing full-time with the series in 2010
30- Laps led by Jason Meyers en route to winning at the track last season
36- Drivers that competed last season with the World of Outlaws at Paducah
85- Points currently separating the Top-Five in the World of Outlaws standings
486- Miles from Tri-State Speedway in Oklahoma where the World of Outlaws compete on April 10 to Paducah International Raceway
553- Career A-Feature wins for 20-time series champion Steve Kinser
1998- Year the World of Outlaws first raced at Paducah International Raceway
10,000- Dollars the winner will receive on Friday, April 16
51,690- Dollars in the total purse on Friday, April 16
On Friday, April 16 at Paducah International Raceway, adult tickets will be $30, with children ages 12-under admitted free of charge. For more information on tickets call the track at 270-898-7469 or visit www.paducahracing.com.