Previewing The Jim Boyd "JB" Memorial at Beaver Dam Raceway for the World of Outlaws Beaver Dam, WI-July 8, 2010- Jim Boyd was a fixture at Beaver Dam Raceway in Wisconsin every year when the World of Outlaws came to town. He also could be found...
Previewing The Jim Boyd "JB" Memorial at Beaver Dam Raceway for the World of Outlaws
Beaver Dam, WI-July 8, 2010- Jim Boyd was a fixture at Beaver Dam Raceway in Wisconsin every year when the World of Outlaws came to town. He also could be found at numerous other events throughout the season, helping his son Scott, and the crew at SLS Promotions put on some of the best and most exciting races in the Upper Midwest. The elder Boyd, who passed away earlier this year, will be honored on Saturday, July 10 with the first Jim Boyd "JB" Memorial at Beaver Dam Raceway as the World of Outlaws make their only appearance of the season at the high-banked 1/3-mile bullring.
The race will continue a stretch of six straight events for the series on short tracks, those 3/8-mile and smaller. Joey Saldana leads the series into the Jim Boyd Memorial as the current series point leader, while Jason Meyers leads the series in wins with seven entering this weekend.
Danny Lasoski, the 2001 World of Outlaws champion, was victorious at Beaver Dam Raceway last season for the first time in his career, picking up the win over Joey Saldana and Steve Kinser. Lasoski started on the pole, though Saldana was the early leader. The pair traded the top spot a couple of times before Donny Schatz took the lead. Schatz broke while leading, handing the top spot back to Lasoski, who would pace the field for the rest of the way.
Steve Kinser, the 20-time World of Outlaws champion, has two wins at Beaver Dam, with the most recent coming in 2008. He has finished in the Top-10 in 14 of his 15 career starts at the track, with 10 of those being Top-Five performances. The Hall of Famer is currently second in points this season and leads the series with 30 Top-10 finishes in 32 races as he seeks his record 21st title.
Jac Haudenschild, who has won twice this season and is currently eighth in points, has won twice in his career at Beaver Dam with the World of Outlaws. The native of Wooster, Ohio has eight Top-10 finishes in 10 starts at the high-banked bullring.
Joey Saldana, the current World of Outlaws point leader, has two career wins at Beaver Dam Raceway including in 2003 with the World of Outlaws. The second generation driver has 10 Top-10 finishes in 15 starts with the series at the track.
Donny Schatz, the four-time and defending World of Outlaws champion, won at Beaver Dam for the first time in 2002. He has 10 career Top-10 finishes at the track and has finished in the Top-Five in five of his last six starts there.
Craig Dollansky has one win with the World of Outlaws at Beaver Dam Raceway, with that coming in 2005. He too has 10 career Top-10 finishes at the track in World of Outlaws events with nine of those being Top-Five runs. The native of Elk River, Minnesota has four overall career victories at Beaver Dam.
Jason Meyers, who leads the World of Outlaws in win this season with seven, has seven Top-10 finishes in nine starts at Beaver Dam Raceway as he looks for his first win at the track.
The World of Outlaws raced for the first time at Beaver Dam in 1996 with former series champion Dave Blaney picking up the win in that event. A total of 11 drivers have won with the series at the track, with Daryn Pittman leading the way with three triumphs.
* Danny Lasoski scored his first win at Beaver Dam Raceway last season and returns this season in search of his first win of the 2010 season
* Steve Kinser has won twice at Beaver Dam in his illustrious career and has finished in the Top-10 in 14 of his 15 starts at the track. He leads the series with 30 Top-10 finishes this season and has four victories.
* Jac Haudenschild has two wins at the track as well in his storied career, with those coming in 1998 and 2006. He has won a couple of times this season and always runs strong on high-banked bullrings.
* Jason Meyers, who leads the World of Outlaws in wins this season is looking for his first win at Beaver Dam. He has four podium finishes at the track including two runner-up performances. Jim Boyd was his crew chief D.J. Lindsey's father-in-law.
* Joey Saldana won at the track last season in a special race in which his car owner Kasey Kahne competed. The Indiana native won with the World of Outlaws at the high-banked 1/3-mile in 2003.
* Donny Schatz took the lead last year at Beaver Dam before breaking while out front. He won at the track in 2002 and has seven Top-Five finishes
* Craig Dollansky was victorious at the 1/3-mile in 2004 and has nine career Top-Five finishes at the track. He leads all drivers with four overall wins at the high-banked bullring with three different series.
* Jason Sides has six Top-10 finishes at the track as he looks for his first win there. He has won a career-high three times already in 2010.
* Brian Ellenberger finished ninth in his debut at Beaver Dam Raceway last season. The reigning Kevin Gobrecht Rookie of the Year lined up 15 th in the race and worked his way forward to earn one of his four Top-10 finishes on the year.
* Ben Gregg and Toni Lutar, who are contending for the Kevin Gobrecht Rookie of the Year Award this season, will both be making their debut at Beaver Dam Raceway
By the Numbers: The Jim Boyd "JB" Memorial at Beaver Dam Raceway
0.33- Miles around Beaver Dam Raceway
3- Drivers that led laps in the feature event at Beaver Dam last season
4.1- Average finish for Steve Kinser at Beaver Dam Raceway with the World of Outlaws to lead all drivers
6- Drivers currently competing full-time with the World of Outlaws that have won at the track
11- Drivers that have won an A-Feature event with the World of Outlaws at Beaver Dam Raceway
11.275- Track record established by Daryn Pittman in 2001
12- Drivers competing full-time with the World of Outlaws this season that raced at Beaver Dam in 2009
15- Drivers that have won a dash this season to earn a pole position
16- A-Feature events contested by the World of Outlaws at Beaver Dam Raceway dating back to 1996
20- Points that currently separate Joey Saldana and Steve Kinser at the top of the World of Outlaws standings entering this weekend
21- Drivers that have led laps in feature events this season
30- Top-10 finishes for Steve Kinser through July 3 to lead the series
33- Laps led by Danny Lasoski last season to win at Beaver Dam
34- Drivers that competed with the World of Outlaws at Beaver Dam Raceway last season
170- Miles from LaSalle Speedway in Illinois where the World of Outlaws compete on July 8 to Beaver Dam Raceway in Wisconsin
179- Laps led by Joey Saldana this season to lead the series
1996- Year the World of Outlaws first competed at Beaver Dam Raceway
10,000- Dollars the winner will receive on Saturday, July 10
51,690- Dollars in the total purse on Saturday, July 10
138,400- Dollars earned by Joey Saldana through July 3 to lead the series
On Saturday, July 10 at Beaver Dam Raceway, general admission tickets will be $30 for adults in advance and $35 the day of the race, with general admission tickets for children ages 6-12 $15, while kids five-under admitted free of charge in the general admission section. Adult reserved tickets will be $33 in advance and $35 the day of the race, with reserved tickets for children ages 12-under $15 in advance and $15 the day of the race. Pit combos are also available for advance purchase only for $38, which includes a reserved ticket and a pit pass. For tickets call SLS Promotions at 815-344-2023 or the track at 913-299-2040.