World of Outlaws Rule Changes and Updates for 2008
As a result of numerous meetings and planning sessions with other 410-sprint car racing sanctioning bodies, 410-sprint car tracks, competitors and parts manufactures, the World of Outlaws Sprint Series will implement the following major rule changes starting with the first event of the 2008 season on February 8 at Volusia Speedway Park. This release does not preclude the World of Outlaws from making additional changes and/or deletions to the 2008 Rule Book.
* Several changes have been made concerning wing rules.
* U-joint blanket/guards will be highly recommended.
* The only cockpit adjustable device allowed will be one top-wing slider mechanism. Said slider mechanism is to be one dimensional and allow for forward and backward movement only.
* Stainless steel headers are legal.
* Pursuant to space and time restraints all teams will be required to submit their cars to a designated pre-race inspection area prior to hot lapping.
In addition to these 2008 Major Rule Changes the following changes are being considered for the 2009 season:
* A reduction in maximum throttle bore size.
* A maximum engine bore of 4.165.
* Minimum standards for rear axle dimensions.
* Minimum fuel cell and tank capacity.