Richie Stanaway joins Young Driver AMR for second FIA WEC round.
Young Driver AMR will start will a slightly changed driver line up at this Saturdays Six hours of Spa-Francorchamps, the second round of the FIA World Endurance Championship (FIA WEC). Kristian Poulsen and David Heinemeier Hansson, winners of the season opening round at Silverstone in the GTE-AM class, will be joined by 23 year old New Zealander Richie Stanaway.
Nicki Thiim, who raced with fellow Dane’s Poulsen and Heinemeier Hansson at Silverstone in the Aston Martin Racing entered Young Driver AMR-Aston Martin Racing Vantage GTE, has other commitments in Germany this weekend and will be back with Young Driver AMR for the 24 hours of Le Mans.
Richie Stanaway is new to Young Driver AMR, but a well-known face with Aston Martin Racing. The rapid New Zealander raced in the previous season for Aston Martin Racing in the FIA WEC and scored one Pole Position.
Young Driver team member Christoffer Nygaard will share once again the #98 NorthWest Aston Martin Racing-Aston Martin Vantage GTE with Pedro Lamy and Paul Dalla Lana. Nygaard finished second in the GTE Am class at the season opening round in England.
The second round of the FIA WEC is a two-day event with the race start Saturday at 14:30 hours. Eurosport will broadcast the final two hours of the race live starting at 18:30 hours.
Standing FIA Endurance Trophy for GTE-Am drivers after the first round:
1. Kristian Poulsen/Nicki Thiim/David Heinemeier Hansson (Young Driver AMR-Aston Martin Vantage GTE), 25 points
2. Christoffer Nygaard/Paul Dalla Lana/Pedro Lamy (Aston Martin Racing-Aston Martin Vantage GTE), 18 points
3. Bird/Rugolo/Wyatt (Ferrari 458 Italia), 15 points
4. Ried/Bachler/Al Qubaisi (Porsche 911 RSR), 12 points
5. Collins/Mowlem/Patterson (Ferrari 458 Italia), 10 points
Standing FIA Endurance Trophy for GTE-Am teams after the first round:
1. Young Driver AMR / Aston Martin racing (Aston Martin Vantage GTE), 25 points
2. Aston Martin Racing (Aston Martin Vantage GTE), 18 points
3. AF Corse (Ferrari 458 Italia), 15 points
4. Proton Competition (Porsche 911 RSR), 12 points
5. Ram Racing (Ferrari 458 Italia), 10 points
Young Driver AMR