Bushfire victim supports IRWIN Industrial Tools - The Race to Rebuild An integral member of the V8 Supercar fraternity, who lost his home and all his processions in the Black Saturday bushfires in Victoria, has thrown his full support behind the...
Bushfire victim supports IRWIN Industrial Tools - The Race to Rebuild
An integral member of the V8 Supercar fraternity, who lost his home and all his processions in the Black Saturday bushfires in Victoria, has thrown his full support behind the IRWIN Industrial Tools 'The Race to Rebuild' program.
Matt Bartlett and his Windscreens ASAP business provide the V8 Supercar Championship Series and Fujitsu V8 Supercar Series with full automotive window replacement servicing across Australia, as well as New Zealand and Bahrain.
Working in the V8 Series since 1997, last year Bartlett replaced 675 V8 Supercar windscreens, including 50 at Bathurst.
Bartlett along with his wife and three boys were fortunate to be left with only their clothes on their backs after fleeing their St Andrews home near Kinglake.
The fire also destroyed $40,000 worth of windscreens and equipment that Bartlett had stored on his 9-acre property.
In just a handful of days Bartlett found a new home for his family and began the process of re-establishing his Windscreens ASAP business. To his credit he was offering a full service at the opening round of the V8 Supercar Championship in Adelaide on 19 March, just six weeks after the fires.
IRWIN Industrial Tools, through its IRWIN Racing program, has announced a unique way to aid in the fundraising efforts for the Australian Red Cross in the Victorian Bushfire Appeal.
'The Race to Rebuild' is a program where businesses or individuals can receive an outstanding IRWIN Racing experience in return for making a $10,000 donation to the Victorian Bushfire Appeal.
Adelaide trade outlet, Solder-Tech, made the first donation to the program at the Clipsal 500.
"As a person who lost so much in the fires, I want to commend IRWIN Industrial Tools for putting this program together," said Bartlett.
"I made the effort to meet Cliff Kearvell who manages Solder-Tech at the Clipsal 500 and personally thank him and his company for their donation. It is something I'm prepared to do for the entire year as part of 'The Race to Rebuild' program with IRWIN.
"I urge companies, individuals and community organisations to consider 'The Race to Rebuild' as part of their fundraising efforts for the Victorian Bushfire Appeal."
Cliff Kearvell from Solder-Tech was delighted to support 'The Race to Rebuild'.
"The experience and exposure our company received from 'The Race to Rebuild' weekend at the Clipsal 500 was outstanding," said Kearvell.
"Meeting the IRWIN Racing team and Alex Davison was a thrill, but I have to say speaking to Matt and hearing about his experience in the bushfires will stay with me a very long time.
"There are plenty of companies out there that should be getting behind what IRWIN is doing and really support 'The Race to Rebuild' program".
To not only support 'The Race to Rebuild' fundraising effort, but also to acknowledge those who have lost so much in the bushfire tragedy, the #4 IRWIN Racing Ford Falcon of Alex Davison will carry a yellow ribbon on its roof for the 2009 V8 Supercar Championship Season.
For a $10,000 donation made to the Red Cross Victorian Bushfire Appeal after Wednesday 25 February, IRWIN Industrial Tools is pleased to offer the following for each individual race weekend:
* Be part of the IRWIN Racing team for the weekend - including a weekend double pass with pit/paddock access, meet the team, grid walk and meet Alex Davison
* The ultimate adrenalin rush as the recipient takes three laps aboard the IRWIN Racing V8 Supercar on the Friday afternoon of the race weekend
* Either the name or company logo of the donor to be placed alongside the yellow ribbon on the IRWIN Racing Ford's roof
* $500 worth of hand tools and/or power tool accessories from IRWIN Industrial Tools
* Photograph of the recipient with Alex Davison and the IRWIN Racing team - print to be provided
* Logo or name, along with web site link to be placed on the IRWIN Racing website
'The Race to Rebuild' will be run at the following V8 Supercar Championship Series events:
* April 17 - 19 Hamilton, NZ
* May 1 - 3 Winton Raceway, VIC
* May 29 - 31 Symmons Plains, TAS
* June 19 - 21 Hidden Valley, NT
* July 10 - 12 Townsville, QLD
* July 31 - August 2 Sandown, VIC
* August 21 - 23 Queensland Raceway, QLD
* September 11 - 13 Phillip Island, VIC
* November 20 - 22 Barbagallo, WA
* December 4 - 6 Homebush, NSW
To ensure the Red Cross receives the much needed funds as soon as possible, 'The Race to Rebuild' packages are available NOW! They will be sold as first-in first-served basis. This is NOT an auction.
Full information at www.irwinracing.com.au