IRWIN Industrial Tools - The Race to Rebuild IRWIN Industrial Tools, through its IRWIN Racing program, has announced a unique way to aid in the fundraising efforts for the Australian Red Cross and the Victorian Bushfire Appeal. 'The Race to ...
IRWIN Industrial Tools - The Race to Rebuild
IRWIN Industrial Tools, through its IRWIN Racing program, has announced a unique way to aid in the fundraising efforts for the Australian Red Cross and the Victorian Bushfire Appeal.
'The Race to Rebuild' is a program where businesses or individuals can receive an outstanding IRWIN Racing experience in return for making a $10,000 donation to the Victorian Bushfire Appeal.
To not only support 'The Race to Rebuild' fundraising effort, but also to acknowledge those who have lost so much in the bushfire tragedy, the #4 IRWIN Racing Ford Falcon of Alex Davison will carry a yellow ribbon on its roof for the 2009 V8 Supercar Championship Season.
This once in a lifetime experience has only been made possible through the cooperation of Stone Brothers Racing and V8 Supercars Australia.
"The tragic bushfires in Victoria have greatly affected Australians the nation over," said IRWIN Industrial Tools Managing Director Nick Pritchard.
"Now we must all look to the future and provide support and assistance to all those affected in the rebuilding of these communities.
IRWIN has set a goal of $100,000 to be donated to the Red Cross Bushfire Appeal.
IRWIN has also donated $10,000 worth of products to the Salvation Army to start the rebuilding process.
For a $10,000 donation made to the Red Cross Victorian Bushfire Appeal after Wednesday 25 February, IRWIN Industrial Tools is pleased to offer the following for each individual race weekend:
* Be part of the IRWIN Racing team for the weekend - including a weekend double pass with pit/paddock access, meet the team, grid walk and meet Alex Davison
* The ultimate adrenalin rush as the recipient takes three laps aboard the IRWIN Racing V8 Supercar on the Friday afternoon of the race weekend
* Either the name or company logo of the donor to be placed alongside the yellow ribbon on the IRWIN Racing Ford's roof
* $500 worth of hand tools and/or power tool accessories from IRWIN Industrial Tools
* Photograph of the recipient with Alex Davison and the IRWIN Racing team - print to be provided
* Logo or name, along with web site link to be placed on the IRWIN Racing website
'The Race to Rebuild' will be run at the following V8 Supercar Championship Series event:
* March 19 - 22 Clipsal 500, SA
* April 17 - 19 Hamilton, NZ
* May 1 - 3 Winton Raceway, VIC
* May 29 - 31 Symmons Plains, TAS
* June 19 - 21 Hidden Valley, NT
* July 10 - 12 Townsville, QLD
* July 31 - August 2 Sandown, VIC
* August 21 - 23 Queensland Raceway, QLD
* September 11 - 13 Phillip Island, VIC
* November 20 - 22 Barbagallo, WA
* December 4 - 6 Homebush, NSW
One of those keen to reach the fundraising goal is IRWIN Racing driver Alex Davison.
"As a Victorian I know the areas which have been devastated by these fires," said Davison.
"It is so important that we do all we can to help rebuild these communities. I am delighted to be involved in 'The Race to Rebuild' program through IRWIN Industrial Tools.
"There are a lot of companies and individuals who can still give to the Red Cross and this is a great way to add plenty of value back into those donations.
"I can't guarantee a race win when they join us for the race weekend. However, I can assure them they will get the very best experience which will make their contribution even more special."
To ensure the Red Cross receives the much needed funds as soon as possible, 'The Race to Rebuild' packages are available NOW! They will be sold as first-in first-served basis. This is NOT an auction.