Team Betta Electrical on the pace in Top Fifteen Shootout, Tomorrows VIP Pet foods 500 promises to be a race to remember, for what is tipped to be an all time record crowd for the first of this seasons endurance races. Both Team Betta...
Team Betta Electrical on the pace in Top Fifteen Shootout,
Tomorrows VIP Pet foods 500 promises to be a race to remember, for what is tipped to be an all time record crowd for the first of this seasons endurance races.
Both Team Betta Electrical AU Ford Falcon V8 Supercars performed well in both qualifying and the top fifteen shootout today.
Qualifying today saw Max Wilson bring car 66 home in fourth position with a time of 1:10.96, just two tenths of a second behind the fastest qualifier Marcos Ambrose in the Pirtek Falcon.
Car 65 was qualified in tenth position by Mathew White with a lap time of 1:11.30.
Both cars entered the top fifteen shootout knowing they would have to pull a very special lap out of the bag if the were to gain front row grid positions for tomorrows 500 km event.
Car 66 with Wilson at the helm could only manage sixth fastest in the shootout with a time of1:11.39, placing both he and co-driver Dean Canto on row three of the grid for tomorrow's event.
Mathew White in car 65 had a good consistent lap, but however could only manage twelfth fastest with a time of 1:11:99,placing both he and Tony Longhurst on the sixth row of the grid.
All four drivers agreed that the circuit is not their favourite, but in a race of this distance anything can happen and more than likely will, they said.
It is important to plan the race strategy well, considering the pitstop timing with driver changes, tyre changes and refuelling, says Longhurst.
It's a long race and I am confident the team has what it takes for a podium finish tomorrow. Both Mathew White and Dean Canto have not had the opportunity to put in many laps in either car in preparations for tomorrow's event, but consider it will not take long to slot into the groove.
We are both looking forward to the race and consider we can contribute a lot towards the team's success tomorrow, they said.
Top-15 Shootout for the VIP Pet Foods Queensland 500
1. Marcos Ambrose / Paul Weel - Pirtek Racing - Ford Falcon AUXR8 1:10.8726
2. Jason Bright / Mark Skaife - Holden Race Team - Holden Commodore +0.0448
3. John Bowe / Brad Jones - OzEmail Race Team - Ford Falcon AUXR8 +0.2327
4. David Besnard / Simon Wills - Caltex Havoline Racing - Ford Falcon AUXR8 +0.3160
5. Greg Murphy / Todd Kelly - K-Mart Racing - Holden Commodore +0.5051
6. Max Wilson / Dean Canto - Team Betta Electrical - Ford Falcon AUXR8 +0.5174
7. Rick Kelly / Nathan Pretty - Holden Young Lions - Holden Commodore +0.5354
8. Russell Ingall / Steven Richards - Castrol Perkins Racing - Holden Commodore +0.5759
9. Larry Perkins / Paul Dumbrell - Castrol Perkins Racing - Holden Commodore +0.9643
10. Craig Baird / Mark Noske - Team Brock - Holden Commodore +1.0527
11. Mark Larkham / Will Power - Orrcon Racing - Ford Falcon AUXR8 +1.0878
12. Matthew White / Tony Longhurst - Team Betta Electrical - Ford Falcon AUXR8 +1.1244
13. Andy Priaulx / Yvan Muller - K-Mart Racing - Holden Commodore +1.2195
14. Steven Ellery / Luke Youlden - Super Cheap Auto Racing - Ford Falcon AUXR8 +1.4868
15. Glenn Seton / Owen Kelly - Ford Credit Racing - Ford Falcon AUXR8 +2.1462