* Bell Ends Season with Consecutive Wins - Justin Bell, the 2001 Trans-Am Series Rookie of the Year, won his second consecutive race of the season today at the Houston Grand Prix, the eleventh and final race of the Trans-Am Series for the BFGoodrich* Tires Cup. Polesitter Paul Gentilozzi led the first 13 laps until he was passed by the Defending BFGoodrich Tires Cup Champion Brian Simo. Simo proceeded to lead the next 45 laps. Bell, who started sixth, was able to charge his way to second place pressuring Simo over the last ten laps. Bell finally was able to pass Simo with only two laps remaining to claim his second career Trans-Am victory. Simo finished in second and Michael Lewis followed in third. Rounding out the top five were Tommy Archer and Lou Gigliotti.
* Gentilozzi Wins BFGoodrich* Tires Cup - With Paul Gentilozzi's 6th place finish today, he clinched the BFGoodrich* Tires Cup, the season-ending award presented to the Trans-Am Series Driver's Champion. Gentilozzi has won the BFGoodrich Tires Cup twice and the Trans-Am Championship three times. In addition, Gentilozzi becomes the first Trans-Am driver to win the championship in three different marques: 1998 in a Chevrolet Corvette, 1999 in a Ford Mustang and this year in a Jaguar XKR.
The BFGoodrich Tires Cup final top five include: Paul Gentilozzi (287 points), Brian Simo (255 points), Johnny Miller (255 points), Justin Bell (219 points) and Tommy Archer (219 points).
* BFGoodrich* Tires Fast Late in Race - Two of the top three finishers today, all using BFGoodrich* g-ForceTM T/A* radial tires, recorded their fastest race lap in the final quarter of the race. Race winner Justin Bell recorded his fastest lap of the race on Lap 52.
* BFGoodrich* Tires "Take Control" Award - Brian Simo won the BFGoodrich* Tires "Take Control" Award for leading the most laps in today's race...Simo led 45 of the 60 laps. For his efforts, he received a free set of BFGoodrich g-Force T/A radials.
* Simo Top Five in Championship - With Brian Simo's second place finish in the Trans-Am Series Championship he tied the record for Top Five Championship Point Finishes. Simo has finished in the top five in the championship for six consecutive years (1996-2001).
* Trans-Am Televised - The Speedvision Network will televise the Trans-Am Series 100 from Houston on a tape-delayed broadcast on Saturday, October 13 at 2:00 p.m. EDT.
* Trans-Am Series for the BFGoodrich* Tires Cup Completes Season - The Trans-Am Series for the BFGoodrich Tires Cup, North America's premier road racing series, has completed its' 36th year of competition.
- Barry Cameron