COOK, EVANS, HOLT, O'HAVER NEW WINNERS AT MEMPHIS; BURGTORF REPEATS IN USRA MODIFIEDS MEMPHIS, Mo. (May 7, 2005) -- Cook's Men Store Night produced four new winners and two repeat winners at the Bentz GM Country Scotland County Speedway as Ryan...
COOK, EVANS, HOLT, O'HAVER NEW WINNERS AT MEMPHIS; BURGTORF REPEATS IN USRA MODIFIEDS
MEMPHIS, Mo. (May 7, 2005) -- Cook's Men Store Night produced four new winners and two repeat winners at the Bentz GM Country Scotland County Speedway as Ryan Cook (USRA Stock Cars), Jack Evans Jr. (USRA B-Modifieds), Mark Holt (USRA Hobby Stocks) and Bill O'Haver (Cruisers) picked up their first wins of 2005 at the Speedway, while Mark Burgtorf (USRA Modifieds) and Dennis Schulte (Hornets) made it back to back wins.
Evans and Jerry Reese Jr. led the filed of USRA B-Modifieds to the drop of the green flag in the 15-lap feature, with Evans grabbing the top spot on lap 1. While Evans was out front, a battle for second involving Reese, Jeff Waterman and sixth-starting Chris Larson heated up. Larson was able to slip by both Reese and Waterman late and then set his sites on Evans, but Evans held off Larson on the final lap to pick up his first win of 2005 at Memphis.
Ron York came home in third, Waterman was fourth, with Larry Newman rounded out the top-5.
Larson and Evans claimed heat race wins.
Up next was the 12-lap USRA Hobby Stock feature, with Tim Pettibone and Mark Holt on the front row. Holt made the best of his starting position by grabbing the lead on the start and never looking back. Holt led all 12 laps to claim first win of 2005 at the Speedway.
Justin Hamelton and Abe Huls battled side by side throughout the 12-lap feature, with Hamelton holding on to finish second over Huls. Brandon Symmonds came from eighth to finish in fourth, with Pettibone coming home in fifth.
Heat winners were Holt and Tony Becerra.
The 10-lap Hornet feature had Ricky Miller and Donnie DeMint on the front row, but it was fourth-place starter Dennis Schulte jumping out front on lap 1. Schulte led all 10 laps and held off several challenges from Tyler Schulte to pick up back to back wins at Memphis. DeMint was third, Andrew Hustead came home fourth, with Jayson Barnes rounding out the top-5.
D. Schulte and Jim Oliver III claimed heat race wins.
Bill O'Haver and Dave Hudson made up the front row for the 10-lap Cruiser feature, with Hudson moving out front on the drop of the green flag. Hudson held the top spot until lap 4, when mechanical problems forced him out. Craig Spilker would inherit the lead, with O'Haver and Michael St. Clair battling for second. O'Haver would over take Spilker on lap 8 and then held off St.Clair on the last lap to claim his first win of 2005. Spilker crossed the line in third, Keith Reed was fourth, with Tanya Wietholder coming home in fifth.
O'Haver would also claim victory in the heat race.
Once again the 15-lap USRA Stock Car feature brought the crowd to there feet at the checkered flag, as Ryan Cook, Jason Cook and Matt Greiner waged a battle for the win. Mark White and Rodger Dresden started the feature on the front row, with White grabbing the advantage on lap 1. Ryan Cook, who started 5th, slipped under White on lap 3 to take over the top spot. While R. Cook was out front, J. Cook, who started seventh, and Greiner, who started sixth, battled for second. R. Cook was able to hold off J. Cook and Greiner by a half-car-length at the finish line to claim his first win of 2005 at Memphis.
Dresden came home fourth, with Harley Hill rounding out the top-5.
Heat winners were R. Cook and White.
The final feature of the evening was the 20-lap USRA Modifieds, with Mike Bennett and Bob Dale leading the field to the drop of the green flag. Bennett jumped out front on lap 1, with last weeks winner Mark Burgtorf close behind in second. Burgtorf would grab the lead away from Bennett on lap 6 and then went on to lead the final 14 laps to claim his second win in a row at the speedway. Tony Fraise came from 8th to finish in 2nd, Bennett was 3rd, Ryan Meyer was 4th, with Robby Warner coming home in 5th. Darin Walker and Burgtorf claimed victorys in the heat races.
Coming up next week at the Bentz GM Country Sciotland County Speedway will be Ruth Enterprise and US Bank Night. The USRA Casey's General Stores Championship Series will continue in the Modified, Stock Car, B-Modified and Hobby Stock classes, along with the Cruisers and Hornets in action.
Gates will open at 5 p.m. Hot laps are at 6:15 with racing to follow.
1. 24 Darin Walker, Bowling Green
2. 32 Mike Bennett, Des Moines, Iowa
3. 99 Martin Bennett, Ankeny, Iowa
4. 12 Bob Dale, Gorin
5. 15 Phillip Cossel, Montrose, Iowa
6. 10 Jim Gillenwater, Keokuk, Iowa
7. 2 David Snyder, Greentop
1. 69M Mark Burgtorf, Quincy, Ill.
2. 45 Tony Fraise, Donnellson, Iowa
3. 82M Ryan Meyer, Liberty, Ill.
4. 79 Robby Warner, Quincy, Ill.
5. 05 David Wietholder, Liberty, Ill.
6. 5s Tim Sands, Conesville, Iowa
1. 69M Burgtorf
2. 45 Fraise
3. 32 Mike Bennett
4. 82M Meyer
5. 79 Warner
6. 99 Martin Bennett
7. 10 Gillenwater
8. 05 Wietholder
9. 12 Dale
10. 15 Cossel
11. 5s Sands
12. 24 Walker
13. 2 Snyder
USRA STOCK CARS
1. 27R Ryan Cook, West Point, Iowa
2. 27J Jason Cook, Mt. Pleasant, Iowa
3. 29 Matt Greiner, Washington, Iowa
4. 6s Jody Small, Rutledge
5. 7A Troy Alexander, Memphis
1. 93 Mark White, Kirksville
2. 85H Harley Hill, Kahoka
3. 1 Rodger Dresden, Keokuk, Iowa
4. 8s Todd Phillips, Ollie, Iowa
5. 55H Richard Hudson, Arbela
1. 27R R. Cook
2. 27J J. Cook
3. 29 Greiner
4. 1 Dresden
5. 85H Hill
6. 55H Hudson
7. 6s Small
8. 93 White
9. 8s Phillips
10. 7A Alexander
1. 67 Chris Larson, Keokuk, Iowa
2. 71 Jeff Waterman, Quincy, Ill.
3. 2R Jerry Reese Jr, Baring
4. 20 Larry Newman, Kirksville
5. 63 Pete Gramc, Quincy, Ill.
1. 00 Jack Evans Jr, Keokuk, Iowa
2. 6Y Ron York, Edina
3. 11s John Shaffer, Memphis
4. 38 Tom Bowen, LaBelle
5. 86 Jerry Poor, Novelty
1. 00 Evans Jr
2. 67 Larson
3. 6Y York
4. 71 Waterman
5. 20 Newman
6. 63 Gramc
7. 11s Shaffer
8. 2R Reese Jr
9. 38 Bowen
10. 86 Poor
USRA HOBBY STOCKS
1. 11 Mark Holt, Memphis
2. 24J Justin Hamelton, Hamilton
3. 8 Brandon Symmonds, Keokuk, Iowa
4. 47 Tim Pettiboneravia, Iowa
5. 4B Jim Lynch, Bonaparte, Iowa
6. 89 Brian Howerton, Edina
7. 3 Brad Weber, Donnellson, Iowa
8. 80c Kevin Cheney, Quincy, Ill.
1. 2 Tony Becerra, Carthage, Ill.
2. 30c Abe Huls, Carthage, Ill.
3. 2T Beau Taylor, Canton
4. 43s Tim Williams, Kahoka
5. 94F Bob Fletcher, Wyaconda
6. 94 David Morrison, Bloomfield, Iowa
7. 25c Ryan Crandall, Brashear
8. 23 Jimmy Hooper, Wyaconda
1. 11 Holt
2. 24J Hamelton
4. 8 Symmonds
5. 47 Pettibone
6. 2T Taylor
7. 89 Howerton
8. 94F Fletcher
9. 94 Morrison
10. 4B Lynch
11. 43s Williams
12. 25c Crandall
13. 2 Becerra
14. 3 Weber
15. 80c Cheney
16. 23 Hooper
1. Big0 Bill O'Haver, Kirksville
2. 70R Craig Spilker, Quincy, Ill.
3. 34H Dave Hudson, Memphis
4. 3 Michael St. Clair, Wayland
5. 20 Keith Reed, Fowler, Ill.
6. 13 Matt Jackson, Lancaster
7. 05 Tanya Wietholder, Liberty, Ill.
8. 11 Jeremy Buss, Quincy, Ill.
1. Big0 O'Haver
2. 3 St. Clair
3. 70R Spilker
4. 20 Reed
5. 05 Wietholder
6. 34H Hudson
7. 13 Jackson
8. 11 Buss
1. 0 Dennis Schulte, Keokuk, Iowa
2. 96 Tyler Schultentrose, Iowa
3. 4D Donnie DeMint, Basco, Ill.
4. 30 Ricky Miller, Gorin
5. 11D Danny Miller, Gorin
6. Big0Jr Jordan O'Haver, Kirksville
1. 10 Jim Oliver III, Hamilton, Ill.
2. 4T Travis DeMint, Basco, Ill.
3. 20 Andrew Hustead, Rutledge
4. 77 David Probascoulton, Iowa
5. 13 Jayson Barnes, Alexandria
6. 77Q J.D. Murphy, Cincinnati, Iowa
1. 0 D. Schulte
2. 96 T. Schulte
3. 4D D. DeMint
4. 20 Hustead
5. 13 Barnes
6. 4T T. DeMint
7. 77 Probasco
8. 30 R. Miller
9. 11D D. Miller
10. Big0Jr O'Haver
11. 77Q Murphy
12. Oliver III