WHAT: Lucas Oil Products 250 presented by JENNIE-O TURKEY STORE USAR Hooters ProCup Series Race ...
WHAT: Lucas Oil Products 250 presented by JENNIE-O TURKEY STORE
USAR Hooters ProCup Series Race #1 of 32 (Southern Division Race #1)
WHERE: USA International Speedway– Lakeland, Florida
.750 Mile Banked Oval
WHEN: Saturday, February 23, 2002
DISTANCE: 250 Laps/187.5 Miles
POSTED AWARDS: $112,500
STARTING FIELD: 36 cars possible. Fastest 32 cars through time trials. Four provisional positions based on the 2002 USAR rule book. One provisional each may be added to the field for a former Hooters ProCup Series Champion, or a former USAR Hooters ProCup Series Rookie of the Year who competed in 2001.
PROMOTER: USA International Speedway
SPEED CHANNEL (Tape-Delayed)
Thursday, February 28, 2002 9:00 pm (EST)
Friday, February 29, 2002 1:00 am (EST)
Friday, February 29, 2002 12:30 pm (EST)
Qualifying: Bobby Gill (21.804 sec./117.114 mph) November 27, 1999.
2001 RACES: Three-time defending USAR Hooters ProCup Series Bobby Gill swept all three races held at the track last season. Gill used his final win of the year to propel him to the 2001 USAR Hooters ProCup Series championship.
PARTICIPATING SPECIAL AWARD SPONSORS:
Southern Pole Award ($1,000): TBA
Northern Pole Award ($1,000): Sunoco
Halfway Leader Award ($1,000): Lucas Oil Products 2Most Laps Led Award ($500): Southern Pride Chewing Tobacco 2Hard Charger Award ($500): W.J. Plemons Investments
OFFICIAL SERIES SPONSORS:
Hooters• Naturally Fresh Salad Dressings & Dips• Jackaroo Sauces• Goodyear• Lucas Oil Products• Southern Pride Chewing Tobacco• Coca-Cola• Sunoco
PARTICIPATING CONTINGENCY AWARD SPONSORS:
Automotive Specialist• BSR Priducts• CV Products• DRP Performance• Dr. Gas• JE Pistons• Eibach• Edelbrock• Earl's• Holley Carbs• Hess Racing Priducts• Longacre• K&N Engineering• MSD Ignitions• Motorsports Design• Spin Tech• Quarter Master• REV Incorp.• Laughlin Racing Products• Lowes LugNuts• Isky Racing Cams• Performance Fiberglass• Wiseco• Mahle Performance• Manley Performance• Racing Electronics• Tri-Star• Maxima Technologies
NOTES OF INTEREST:
* The Lucas Oil 250 presented by Jennie-O Turkey Store will be the 19th USAR Hooters ProCup Series race held at the track.
* Bobby Gill is the only repeat winner of the season-opening race at USA International Speedway (1999 & 2001).
* Bobby Gill can become the first driver in the history of USAR to surpass the $1 million dollar mark in career earnings. Gill enters USA International Speedway with $991,200 in career USAR Hooters ProCup Series earnings.
* Gill also owns the most career USAR Hooters ProCup Series wins at USA International Speedway with 5 wins.
* Michael Ritch returns to USAR Hooters ProCup Series competition full-time since the 1999 season. Ritch is currently tied with Bobby Gill for the most wins in a season with seven wins.