WHAT: Kroger 250 presented by Pepsi. USAR Hooters ProCup Series Race ...
Kroger 250 presented by Pepsi.
USAR Hooters ProCup Series Race #17 of 30 (Northern Division Race #8)
New River Valley Speedway
.416-mile semi-banked asphalt oval
Saturday, July 19, 2003 -- 7:00 pm EDT
250 Laps/104 Miles
32 car starting field. 34 cars possible. Fastest 28 cars through time trials. Three provisional positions based on top 30 drivers' position in the Northern Division 2003 points standings. One provisional will be awarded based on top 30 owners' position in the Northern Division 2003 point standings. Provisionals may be added to the field for a former USAR Hooters ProCup Series champion, or a former USAR Hooters ProCup Series Rookie of the Year who competed in 2002.
SPEED, Thursday, July 24, 2003 (7:00 pm EDT)
SPEED, Friday, July 25, 2003 (Midnight & Noon EDT)
Saturday, July 19, 2003:
11:30 am --1:30 pm ProCup Practice
1:45 pm ProCup Drivers Meeting
2:00 pm Chapel Service
2:15 pm-4:00 pm Late Model Practice and Qualifying
4:00 pm Front Gates Open
4:30 pm ProCup Qualifying Time Trials
5:45 pm Autograph Session
6:35 pm Pre-Race Ceremonies
7:00 pm Kroger 250 presented by Pepsi.
To Follow Late Model Race 100 laps
Kroger 250 presented by Pepsi Notes of Interest:
* This will be the sixth USAR Hooters ProCup Series race ever held at the track and the second consecutive season the race has been designated a Northern Division event.
* Bobby Gill won at the track for the third consecutive time last year at New River Valley. Gill, who competes in the Southern Division, crossed over to compete last year.
* Jeff Agnew used his win at Kil-Kare Speedway two weeks ago to vault into the points lead. Agnew, who entered the race in third, passed Brian Ross and Eric Corbett to take the lead by 12 points over Ross.
* The top-10 in the point standings in separated by just 192 points. Jimmy Burns enters this weekend in 10th-place with 783 points.
* Jay Fogleman is the only previous race winner pre-entered for this weekend's race at New River Valley.