Mansfield Motorsports Speedway to host first USAR race. * The Series will visit 22 tracks in nine states and Ontario, Canada in 2003. Of those 22 tracks six will host multiple events with USA International hosting four events while Peach State,...
Mansfield Motorsports Speedway to host first USAR race.
* The Series will visit 22 tracks in nine states and Ontario, Canada in 2003. Of those 22 tracks six will host multiple events with USA International hosting four events while Peach State, Myrtle Beach, Hickory, Winchester, Jennerstown and Peach State Speedways will each feature two races.
* The Series had over 170 drivers registered for competition in 2002 with 146 of those drivers registered collecting points during the season.
* The 30-race schedule will award over $2,000,000 in posted awards before postseason awards and bonuses are handed out at the annual awards banquet.
* Jason Sarvis broke the all-time mark for single-season winnings in the Series with his championship run in 2002. Sarvis collected over $369,200 in winnings.
* Bobby Gill joined Sarvis to win over $200,000 in winnings in 2002. Gill finished with $237,650 in winnings. The 2002 season was the first time two drivers finished the season with over $200,000 in winnings.
* Gill set a new mark with wins in a single season with 14 in 2002.
* USAR Hooters ProCup Series cars are 3,300-pound steel-bodied, full-size stock cars.
* The cars compete on bias-ply Goodyear Racing Eagles. Teams are limited to eight (8) tires per event unless otherwise specified by USAR.
* Each competitor is required to make a minimum pit stop of fuel and two tires changed per race or face a two-lap penalty.
* All cars qualify in "race-ready" condition and can not be tampered with prior to the race or they will lose their qualifying position and must move to the rear of the field to start the race.
* No race will end under caution. All races will end with a minimum of a green-white-checkered finish.
* If the caution flag is given to the field with less than 10 laps remaining, a single-file restart will be given with all lead lap cars in the front of the line.
* Each car uses a four-barrel stock carburetor.
* Ford, Chevrolet, Pontiac, and Dodge models (2000-2003) are all accepted to compete in the USAR Hooters ProCup Series.
* Sunoco Race Fuels are the "Official Race Fuel" of the Series.
Simonson Builders & Simonson Excavation 250
USAR Hooters ProCup Series Race #7 of 30 (Northern Division Race #3)
Mansfield Motorsports Speedway -- Mansfield, Ohio
Saturday, May 3, 2003 -- 7:00 pm EDT
STARTING FIELD: 36 car starting field. 38 cars possible. Fastest 32 cars through time trials. Three provisional positions based on top 30 drivers' position in the Southern Division 2002 points standings. One provisional will be awarded based on top 30 owners' position in the Southern Division 2002 point standings. Provisionals may be added to the field for a former USAR Hooters ProCup Series champion, or a former USAR Hooters ProCup Series Rookie of the Year who competed in 2002.
SPEED, Thursday, May 8, 2003 (7:00 pm EDT)
SPEED, Friday, May 9, 2003 (12:00 am & Noon EDT)
Saturday, April 26, 2003:
11:00 am -- 1:30 Noon ProCup Practice
2:00 pm ProCup Drivers Meeting
2:15 pm Chapel Service
2:30 pm -- 4:00 pm E-Modified Practice & Qualifying
4:30 pm ProCup Qualifying Time Trials
5:45 pm Autograph Session
6:35 pm Pre-Race Ceremonies
7:00 pm Simonson Builders & Simonson Excavation 250
To follow E-Modified Race -- 30 Laps
</pre> SIMONSON BUILDERS & SIMONSON EXCAVATION 250 Notes of Interest:
* This is the first time the Northern Division of the USAR Hooters ProCup Series has visited Mansfield Motorsports Speedway.
* Three Ohio-based drivers are pre-registered to compete at Mansfield Motorsports Speedway this weekend. Glenn Gault of Hubbard, Ohio; Scott Baker of Tallmadge Ohio; and veteran Lonnie Rush, sr. from Pickerington, Ohio.
* This race will be the first of two USAR Hooters ProCup Series races to be held in the "Buckeye State" this season. The Northern Division will visit Kil-Kare Speedway in Xenia, Ohio on July 4th.
* Glenn Gault enters this weekend's race 12th in the Northern Division point standings.
* Kertus Davis, Jason McLellan and Eric Corbett are the only three drivers to finish in the top-10 in both previous Northern Division races this season.
* The Simonson Builders & Simonson Excavation 250 is the first touring series race hosted at the newly remodeled Mansfield Motorsports Speedway. The speedway has undergone almost $2 million in renovations since mid-2002.
* USAR Hooters ProCup Series Southern Division competitor Vince Fanello will make a start this weekend. Fanello competed at Mansfield Motorsports Park years ago when the facility was a dirt racing track.