CONCORD, NC -- The Naturally Fresh Foods 250 presented by Jennie-O Turkey Store was the fifth race of the season for the Southern Division and eighth overall for the USAR Hooters ProCup Series this year. As has been the case in the previous...
CONCORD, NC -- The Naturally Fresh Foods 250 presented by Jennie-O Turkey Store was the fifth race of the season for the Southern Division and eighth overall for the USAR Hooters ProCup Series this year. As has been the case in the previous races in the division a new winner was crowned Saturday night at Concord Motorsport Park. Clay Rogers won his third career USAR Hooters ProCup Series race and became the first driver to become a repeat winner at the track.
* A total of 38 drivers attempted to qualify for 32 starting positions. Drivers who failed to qualify were: Sean Studer, Jason York, Ronnie Davidson, Brandon Collins, Brent Moore and Tim Corbett.
* Shane Huffman enjoyed a fourth-place finish in the race to maintain his lead in the points standings. Huffman felt the top-five was like a win considering the day the team had during practice. After his primary car suffered mechanical problems the Jennie-O Turkey Store team had to pull out the back-up car. "Considering our day and all we went through this fourth-place finish feels pretty good," said Huffman.
* Several drivers made their first start of the season Saturday night with mixed results. Rookies Adam Dean, Kevin Love and Larry Wilcox all qualified for the race as did veterans Jimmy McClain and Daniel Johnson. Although Dean qualified an impressive tenth, he suffered mechanical problems and finished 30th.
* Bobby Gill qualified fifth for the race but was unable to collect a strong finish after mechanical problems forced him to the pits on lap 83 for repairs. Gill returned to action and finished 21st.
* After missing the first race of the year for various reasons, Mardy Lindley, Jason Sarvis and Gill continue their charge into the top-10 points standings. Lindley has moved into 12th-place, Sarvis stands 15th and Gill sits 18th.
* Rogers became the eighth different driver in as many races to win this year in the Series. This is the first time in the history of the Series that this many different winners have won to start the season.
* A total of 57 drivers have collected points so far this season in the Southern Division of the USAR Hooters ProCup Series.