Ryan Takes ASA Minnesota Challenge Series Race At I-94 Raceway SAUK CENTRE, MN (July 23, 2005) - Jake Ryan came out on top as he survived the caution-filled ASA Minnesota Challenge Series race at the I-94 Raceway in Sauk Centre. Gary Mueller led...
Ryan Takes ASA Minnesota Challenge Series Race At I-94 Raceway
SAUK CENTRE, MN (July 23, 2005) - Jake Ryan came out on top as he survived the caution-filled ASA Minnesota Challenge Series race at the I-94 Raceway in Sauk Centre. Gary Mueller led the 24 fastest cars to the green in the 50 lap event. Mueller held the lead on lap one, before Jon Lemke pulled alongside and wrestled it away on lap two. Fifth starting Ryan quickly worked his way into second and by lap four, he was right next to Lemke battling for the lead. The leaders continued to run side-by-side as a series of cautions, for minor incidents, kept the field close. The most notable caution flew at the half-way point of the race, when Jeff Lofquist blew his engine, dumping oil all over the track. This prompted a red flag for the extended cleanup. When the action picked back up again, Lemke continued to hold off Ryan as they resumed their side-by-side race. On lap 30, Ryan finally got a good run off the bottom groove as he took the lead. The final 20 laps saw another pair of cautions, but Ryan managed to pull out to a slight advantage. A late race surge by Tim Olson allowed him to get by Lemke with one lap left to take over second, but out in front, Ryan finished things off as he took the win in his first ever start at I-94 Raceway.
John Gottwald had plenty to celebrate as he took his first career win in the Modified Feature. Starting outside the front row, Gottwald outran John Notch at the start as he took the lead. Notch tried to move under Gottwald, but he soon had Jeff Rohner challenging him for second. Rohner took the spot for a few laps, before Notch regained the position and took another run at Gottwald, who was setting a quick pace in the lead. Notch would fade in the closing laps as Rohner retook the second position. Meanwhile, Gottwald was taking care of business as he led from flag to flag to make it a memorable first win.
Dirk Henry took his fourth straight win as he was the driver to beat in the Great North Legends Feature. Tyler Sjoman took the lead as the field shot off into turn one. Cal Lease brought out the only caution of the race on lap three, when he spun in turn three. Sjoman had company on the restart as Zac Davids looked for the top position. Davids would snatch the lead as Henry was also on the move. Henry put his car under Davids and he took over the lead just before the half-way mark. With the lead in hand, Henry extended his advantage in the last half of the race as he went on to take the win by a full straightaway. Davids held on to finish second for the fourth time in as many weeks behind Henry.
Andy Mayavski was declared the winner following the UCAR Feature. Corey Flynn, in his truck, took the lead from the pole as Andy Heying ducked into second. Matt Peterson brought out the lone yellow of the race when he lost his muffler in turn one on lap six. When the green waved again, Flynn had Heying working him hard for the lead. Heying was able to take the spot as Flynn quickly fell off the pace. Mayavski made some late race moves as he took second, but couldn't track down Heying, who was well ahead of everyone. Heying crossed the line first, but he and a couple of other drivers failed to pass the post-race technical inspection, thus giving the win to Mayavski.
I-94 Raceway Results
July 23, 2005
ASA Super Late Models
1. Eugene Dick (Watkins) 2. Joe Berthiaume (Rogers) 3. Donny Reuvers (Dundas) 4. Jon Olson (Hamel) 5. Gary Mueller (Chisago City) 6. Matt Gottwald (Willmar)
1. Rob Dubnecay (Maple Grove) 2. Jeff Lofquist (Fergus Falls) 3. Darren Wolke (Belle Plaine) 4. JR Studniski (St. Joseph) 5. Steve Anderson (Lakeville) 6. Jake Jay (Lindstrom)
1. Jon Lemke (Greenfield) 2. Bryan Roach (Becker) 3. Bob White (Spring Lake Park) 4. Jake Ryan (Farmington) 5. Jacob Goede (New Germany) 6. Tim Olson (Hamel)-DNF
Last Chance Qualifier
1. Preston Dahl (Lakeville) 2. Molly Rhoads (Hastings) 3. Josh Farnum (St. Francis) 4. Darin Nelson (Isanti) 5. Pat Maloney (Alexandria) 6. Tim Dehaan (Pine City) 7. Brandi Fischer (Villard) 8. Danny Edenloff (Alexandria)-DNF 9. Brett Nordine (New Prague)-DNF 10. Ritch Johnson (Monticello)-DNF 11. LB Berthiaume (Rogers)-DNF
1. Bryan Roach (16.907 sec.) 2. Jacob Goede (17.005 sec.) 3. Jake Ryan (17.011 sec.) 4. Tim Olson (17.014 sec.) 5. Jon Lemke (17.076 sec.) 6. Bob White (17.148 sec.)
1. Jake Ryan 2. Tim Olson 3. Jon Lemke 4. Bob White 5. Gary Mueller 6. Jacob Goede 7. Steve Anderson 8. Bryan Roach 9. Eugene Dick 10. Donny Reuvers 11. JR Studniski 12. Molly Rhoads 13. Jake Jay 14. Darin Nelson 15. Jon Olson 16. Darren Wolke-DNF 17. Tim Dehaan-DNF 18. Pat Maloney-DNF 19. Jeff Lofquist-DNF 20. Preston Dahl-DNF 21. Matt Gottwald-DNF 22. Rob Dubnecay-DNF 23. Josh Farnum-DNF 24. Joe Berthaiume-DNF
1. Jeremy Fleck (Sauk Rapids) 2. Joey Johnson (Alexandria) 3. Corey Flynn (Alexandria) 4. Kevin Woeste (Waite Park)-DNF 5. Jonathan Olmscheid (Elrosa)-DNF
1. Rich Snyder (Alexandria) 2. Jeff Rohner (Willmar) 3. John Gottwald (Paynesville) 4. John Notch (St. Cloud) 5. Jay Rickert (Brownton)
1. John Gottwald 2. Jeff Rohner 3. Joey Johnson 4. Rich Snyder 5. John Notch 6. Kevin Woeste 7. Jonathan Olmscheid 8. Jeremy Fleck 9. Corey Flynn 10. Jay Rickert
Great North Legends
1. Scott Petty (Elk River) 2. Tyler Sjoman (Alexandria) 3. Paul Hartman (Willmar) 4. Rick Dubay (Coon Rapids) 5. Ross Zumbach (Racine) 6. Ken Hering (Eau Claire, WI) 7 Jaycen Brockhouse (Shorewood)-DNF
1. Zac Davids (Apple Valley) 2. Dirk Henry (Sauk Centre) 3. Joe Kostreba (Sauk Centre) 4. Charlie Balderston (Freeport) 5. Mike Turbes (North Mankato) 6. Jake Varnum (Morris) 7. Cal Lease (Little Falls)-DNF
1. Jon Lewerer (Coon Rapids) 2. Todd Tracy (Belle Plaine) 3. Tim Brockhouse (Shorewood) 4. Matt Hendrickson (Albany) 5. Rollie Davidson (Eagan) 6. Mark Skjerven (Oakdale) 7. Beaner Wiese (Sauk Centre)-DNS
1. Dirk Henry (19.040 sec.) 2. Jaycen Brockhouse (19.231 sec.) 3. Matt Hendrickson (19.232 sec.) 4. Zac Davids (19.237 sec.) 5. Tyler Sjoman (19.328 sec.) 6. Jon Lewerer (19.335 sec.)
1. Dirk Henry 2. Zac Davids 3. Jon Lewerer 4. Jaycen Brockhouse 5. Tim Brockhouse 6. Matt Hendrickson 7. Tyler Sjoman 8. Charlie Balderston 9. Paul Hartman 10. Todd Tracy 11. Ross Zumbach 12. Scott Petty 13. Rick Dubay 14. Rollie Davidson 15. Mike Turbes 16. Joe Kostreba 17. Mark Skjerven 18. Beaner Wiese 19. Cal Lease 20. Ken Hering 21. Jake Varnum-DNF
1. David Bolstad (Fergus Falls) 2. Dan Bolstad (Fergus Falls) 3. Josh Christy (Sauk Rapids) 4. Corey Flynn (Alexandria) 5. Butch Thompson (Waite Park) 6. Marc Rosenow (Grey Eagle) 7. Doug Fick (Fergus Falls) 8. Curt Peterson (Upsala) 9. Jesse Dreschel (Fergus Falls)
1. Andy Mayavski (St. Cloud) 2. Chad Burke (Alexandria) 3. Andy Heying (St. Cloud) 4. Matt Peterson (Upsala) 5. Craig Maack (Pelican Rapids) 6. Billy Weyer (Waite Park) 7. Dave Heurung (Long Prairie) 8. Kris Wensmann (Elmdale) 9. Tony Hallerman (Sauk Centre)
1. Andy Mayavski 2. David Bolstad 3. Josh Christy 4. Dan Bolstad 5. Corey Flynn 6. Curt Peterson 7. Butch Thompson 8. Marc Rosenow 9. Billy Weyer 10. Craig Maack 11. Kris Wensmann 12. Dave Heurung 13. Jesse Dreschel 14. Tony Hallerman 15. Doug Fick-DNF 16. Andy Heying-DQ 17. Chad Burke-DQ 18. Matt Peterson-DQ