FAMILIAR FACES FILL LIL' TEXAS VICTORY LANE FORT WORTH (May 21, 2005) -- Five of the six feature winners in racing action at Lil' Texas Motor Speedway Saturday night knew their way to victory lane, having won previous events at the ...
FAMILIAR FACES FILL LIL' TEXAS VICTORY LANE
FORT WORTH (May 21, 2005) -- Five of the six feature winners in racing action at Lil' Texas Motor Speedway Saturday night knew their way to victory lane, having won previous events at the banked asphalt oval. Saturday's winners included Don Barnard (Legends Master), James Buescher (Legends Semi-Pro), Bill Beard (Legends Charger), Jordan Webb (Bandolero Bandit), Kayla Hontz (Bandolero Young Gun/Outlaw) and Randy Miles (Thunder Roadster).
Barnard claimed his fourth Legends Master triumph of the campaign while Buescher took his fifth Legends Semi-Pro victory. Beard snared the Legends Charger class for the third time; Webb scored a ninth straight Bandolero Bandit win and Miles earned his third Thunder Roadster honor.
Barnard moved past Rick Howle for the Legends Masters lead on the fifth lap and held off Robert Merino in the closing stages of the caution-free event. Howle crossed the line in third.
Buescher scored his first Legends Semi-Pro win since an early-season four-race streak. James Buescher passed cousin Chris Buescher in turn two on lap 17 of the 25-lap feature. The pair made contact entering turn three with Nathan Wilson going airborne after colliding with the Bueschers. James Buescher held on to the top spot to the checkered flag over Brennan Poole who captured the runner-up spot on lap 18 for his best finish of the year.
Webb remained a perfect nine-for-nine in Bandolero Bandit action, leading the entire feature. Jake Kruger had to settle for second place for the eighth time in 2005 while Kyle Lovejoy matched his best finish of the season in third.
Miles took the lead from pacesetter Buddy Goudy on the second circuit of the 25-lap Thunder Roadster feature. Miles held off Goudy for a one-car length victory despite an infield excursion for Goudy. Justin Long claimed third.
Beard and Hontz led the Legends Charger and Bandolero Young Gun/Outlaw main events wire-to-wire.
Holiday weekend racing at Lil' Texas Motor Speedway will take place Saturday evening with the initial green flag at 7:30 p.m. for the Legends Cars, Bandoleros and Thunder Roadsters.
1. Don Barnard, 2. Robert Merino, 3. Rick Howle, 4. Buddy Goudy, 5. Don Brown, 6. Jeff Caryer, 7. Johnny Britton, 8. Buddy Boykin, 9. Jim Ellingson, 10. Randy Reasor, 11. Chris Jette, 12. Michael Dabney.
1. James Buescher, 2. Brennan Poole, 3. Kris Turner, 4. Chris Miller, 5. Garrett Lancaster, 6. Ashlee Jackson, 7. Jeff Coseo, 8. Michael Hoffman, 9. Steve Hyche, 10. Chris Buescher, 11. Jordan Cox, 12. Nathan Wilson.
1. Bill Beard, 2. William Johnson.
1. Randy Miles, 2. Buddy Goudy, 3. Justin Long, 4. Evans Shaw, 5. Don Barnard.
1. Jordan Webb, 2. Jake Kruger, 3. Kyle Lovejoy, 4. Travis Robinson, 5. Alex Hickham, 6. Tyler Neubaum, 7. Ryan Eyer, 8. Hunter Lynn.
BANDOLERO YOUNG GUN/OUTLAW
1. Kayla Hontz, 2. Dustin Hyche.