Farrell Takes Yellow USA Super Truck Fall Nationals Win At I-94 Raceway SAUK CENTRE, MN (September 18, 2004) - Jamie Farrell capped of a Championship run as he ran away with the Yellow Book USA Mid-Am Super Truck Feature at the Dondelinger ...
Farrell Takes Yellow USA Super Truck Fall Nationals Win At I-94 Raceway
SAUK CENTRE, MN (September 18, 2004) - Jamie Farrell capped of a Championship run as he ran away with the Yellow Book USA Mid-Am Super Truck Feature at the Dondelinger Chevrolet Fall Nationals at the I-94 Raceway in Sauk Centre. Tony Holm took the lead on the opening lap as Gary Fredrickson fought to take it away. Fredrickson pulled off the pass a couple of laps later, but that was short-lived as "Crazy" Larry Fitzsimmons moved up to challenge and eventually took the lead away, just prior to the first caution of the race for Holm's spin in turn two. Fitzsimmons took the restart, but only a couple of laps later, the yellow waved for Bill Prietzel, who blew his engine and coated the track with oil. After the cleanup, Fitzsimmons had Farrell all over him. Farrell snatched the lead on lap 11 and never looked back. Without any further cautions in the 40 lap race, Farrell built on his lead with every lap. By the time the checkered flag waved, Farrell was almost a half of a lap ahead of Donnie Woller, who made it by Fitzsimmons late in the race, but ran out of time to track down Farrell.
Jeff VanOudenhoven pocketed a big pay check as he came out on top of the Dondelinger Chevrolet Ultimate Super Late Model Showdown. The 40 lap race was broken into two 20 lap segments. Josh Vadnais looked strong in the first segment as he led the 18 laps prior to the half-way caution and inversion. When the race resumed, VanOudenhoven ended up on the pole and the soon to be two-time MARS Late Model Champion jumped at the opportunity as he shot off into the lead. Dan Fredrickson ran in second for a while, but his car dropped off a bit allowing Todd Hansen and Dean Cornelius to get by. Hansen tried to catch up with VanOudenhoven, but it was too little, to late as VanOudenhoven led the final 20 laps to take the win.
Matt Miller started out the year by getting a win and he ended the year the same way as he won the Thunder Car Feature. Mark Milbeck and Matt Hoeschen fought it out in the opening laps, with Milbeck getting the spot. Hoeschen would get his chance to show the way on lap three, but two laps later, Patrick Amelung made a "slide job" work as he took over the lead. Miller followed along and immediately began to pressure Amelung, who was pushing up through the corners. Miller got his car to stick on the bottom of the track and on lap seven, he became the fourth driver to lead the race. A couple of cautions in the latter half the race, allowed everyone to stay close to Miller. Jerry Messer slipped past Amelung for second and chased the leader the rest of the race as Miller when on to close out the season, just like he started it, with a win.
Mike Dimmick had never raced at the I-94 Raceway before, but after his first UCAR Feature, he was more than excited about coming back after he won the 25 lap feature. Carrie McDougall looked tough early in the race as she took control out front. Sixth starting Mike Kelly rose to the occasion as he challenged and then took over the lead on lap four. Kelly held a slight lead as David Bolstad and Dimmick caught up with him. Lapped traffic bottled up the leader and Bolstad used the lapped cars to get by Kelly and take the lead. With three laps left, Dimmick squeezed past Bolstad to take the top spot. Bolstad stayed close, but couldn't make a move to get by as Dimmick went on to the win.
Darin Nelson pulled off the win in a photo finish in the TQ Stock Car Feature. Steve Strandlund was the leader from the start, but on lap three, the speedy Nathan Johanneck moved by. Nelson soon caught up with the leader and it became a side-by-side race for the lead. Nelson took the lead with two laps to go, but Johanneck pulled alongside and sought to pass the 2004 Track Champion. Johanneck gave it one last go out of the final turn, but came up just inches short as Nelson narrowly claimed the win.
I-94 Raceway Results Sept. 18, 2004
Yellow Book USA Midwest Allstar Racing Series Super Late Models
1. Tim Olson (Hamel) 2. Trent Snyder (Ironton) 3. Blake Bjorklund (Isanti) 4. Bill Rode (Hudson, WI) 5. Chris Grimes (Green Bay, WI) 6. Adam Royle (Farmington) 7. Dean Cornelius (Chaska) 8. AJ Rhoads (Hastings)
1. Dan Fredrickson (Elko) 2. Benny VanCleve (Prior Lake) 3. DJ Dondelinger (Brainerd) 4. Ryan Manthei (Green Bay, WI) 5. Jon Olson (Hamel) 6. Stacy Rossell (Atwater) 7. Gordy Mason (Excelsior) 8. Jeff Lofquist (Fergus Falls)
1. Eugene Dick (Watkins) 2. Jason Rund (Fergus Falls) 3. Ronald Snyder 4. Ritch Johnson (Monticello) 5. Tim Dehaan (Pine City) 6. Pat Henry (Sauk Centre) 7. Darin Nelson (Isanti) 8. Molly Rhoads (Hastings)
1. Dick Trickle (Wisconsin Rapids, WI) 2. Andy Hanson (Ramsey) 3. Todd Hanson (Minneapolis) 4. Jeff VanOudenhoven (Kimberly, WI) 5. Josh Vadnais (White Bear Lake) 6. Bryan Roach (Becker)
1. Josh Vadnais (16.87 sec.) 2. Jeff VanOudenhoven (16.88 sec.) 3. Todd Hanson (16.91 sec.) 4. Bryan Roach (16.98 sec.) 5. Andy Hanson (17.00 sec.) 6. Dick Trickle (17.02 sec.)
Yellow Book USA Super Trucks
1. Larry Fitzsimmons (Farmington) 2. Tony Brewer (Shakopee) 3. Donnie Woller (Merrill, WI) 4. Tony Holm (Prior Lake) 5. Dominick Brewer (Shakopee)
1. Gordy Swanson (Apple Valley) 2. John Froelich (Chippewa Falls, WI) 3. Jamie Farrell (New Prague) 4. Gary Fredrickson (Northfield) 5. Bill Prietzel (Franklin, WI)
1. Jamie Farrell (17.98 sec.) 2. Donnie Woller (18.02 sec.) 3. John Froelich (18.15 sec.) 4. Tony Brewer (18.31 sec.) 5. Bill Prietzel (18.34 sec.) 6. Larry Fitzsimmons (18.35 sec.)
1. Jamie Farrell 2. Donnie Woller 3. Larry Fitzsimmons 4. John Froelich 5. Gary Fredrickson 6. Gordy Swanson 7. Tony Holm 8. Dominick Brewer 9. Tony Brewer-DNF 10. Bill Prietzel-DNF
Yellow Book USA Mid-Am Stock Cars
1. Jeremy Miller (Rockton, IL) 2. Bobby Gutknecht (Oak Creek, WI) 3. Rob Dubnecay (Maple Grove) 4. Peter Hernandez (Mokena, IL) 5. Tom Schmitzer (Chilton, WI)
1. Bill Prietzel (Franklin, WI) 2. Scott Null (Lake Mills, WI) 3. Jeremy Spoonmore (Somonauk, IL) 4. Brett Piontek (Green Bay, WI) 5. Jonathan Eilen (Hampton) 6. Josh Larsen (Glencoe)-DNF
1. Brett Piontek (18.08 sec.) 2. Peter Hernandez (18.09 sec.) 3. Rob Dubnecay (18.09 sec.) 4. Bobby Gutknecht (18.17 sec.) 5. Jeremy Spoonmore (18.24 sec.) 6. Jeremy Miller (18.26 sec.)
1. Oren Hoeper (Dalton) 2. Tim Plummer (Norway, IA) 3. John Gottwald (Paynesville) 4. Terry Merten (Sauk Centre) 5. David Deters (Sauk Centre) 6. Jonathan Olmscheid (Elrosa) 7. Tim Brockhouse (Shorewood) 8. Dick Graves 9. Wally Mass (Wheaton)
1. Jon Lewerer (Coon Rapids) 2. John Notch (St. Cloud) 3. Tony Grams (Zimmerman) 4. Joey Johnson (Alexandria) 5. Dave Ostendorf (St. Cloud) 6. Chad Willet (Cedar Rapids, IA)
1. Joey Johnson (17.75 sec.) 2. Dave Ostendorf (17.81 sec.) 3. Chad Willet (18.01 sec.) 4. Tony Grams (18.07 sec.) 5. John Notch (18.09 sec.) 6. Jon Lewerer (18.12 sec.)
Great North Legends
1. Dirk Henry (Sauk Centre) 2. Jaycen Brockhouse (Prior Lake) 3. Rollie Davidson (Burnsville) 4. Gary Oie (St. Paul) 5. Cam Schafer (Glenwood) 6. Ray Walker (Kimball) 7. Robbie Carter (Prior Lake) 8. Paul Hartman (Willmar)
1. Charlie Balderston (Freeport) 2. Jon Lewerer (Coon Rapids) 3. Rick Dubay (Coon Rapids) 4. Jamie Walker (Kimball) 5. AJ Rhoads (Hastings) 6. Ed Valardi (Northfield) 7. Greg Erhardt (Hugo) 8. Matt Hendrickson (Albany)
1. Zack Davids (Apple Valley) 2. Scott Brandt (Olivia) 3. Chad Flynn (Alexandria) 4. Todd Tracy (Belle Plaine) 5. Doug Petty (Oak Grove) 6. Dave Ewert (Fergus Falls) 7. Dave Schafer (Glenwood)
1. Dirk Henry (19.06 sec.) 2. Scott Brandt (19.13 sec.) 3. Matt Hendrickson (19.19 sec.) 4. Jaycen Brockhouse (19.24 sec.) 5. Todd Tracy (19.36 sec.) 6. Jon Lewerer (19.38 sec.)
1. David Fredrickson (Lakeville) 2. Matt Miller (Glenwood) 3. Jarmin Henry (Sauk Centre) 4. Matt Hoeschen (Sauk Centre) 5. Jonathan Olsmscheid (Elrosa) 6. Steve Devaney (Fergus Falls) 7. Matt Milbeck (Erhard) 8. Jobie Gutzmer (Fergus Falls) 9. Todd Maciey (St. Michael)-DNS
1. Jerry Messer (Sauk Centre) 2. Patrick Amelung (St. Joseph) 3. Pat Henry (Sauk Centre) 4. Mark Milbeck (Erhard) 5. Lance Stueve (Greenwald) 6. Darren Werner (Breckenridge) 7. Keith Nohner (Grey Eagle) 8. Doug Olmscheid (Elrosa)
1. Matt Miller 2. Jerry Messer 3. Patrick Amelung 4. Jarmin Henry 5. Mark Milbeck 6. Pat Henry 7. Lance Stueve 8. Matt Milbeck 9. Keith Nohner 10. Doug Olmscheid 11. Jobie Gutzmer 12. Steve Devaney-DNF 13. David Fredrickson-DNF 14. Jonathan Olmscheid-DNF 15. Todd Maciey-DNF 16. Matt Hoeschen-DQ 17. Darren Werner-DNS
1. Andy Mayavski (St. Cloud) 2. Jeremy Fleck (Sauk Rapids) 3. Dewey Flynn (Alexandria) 4. Kevin Skalberg (Fridley) 5. Troy Nelson (Alexandria) 6. Kris Wensmann (Elmdale) 7. Tony Hallerman (Sauk Centre)
1. George Dimmick (Lake Elmo) 2. David Bolstad (Fergus Falls) 3. Kurt Peterson (Upsula) 4. Carrie McDougall (Monticello) 5. Alan Thompson (Waite Park) 6. Dan Bolstad (Fergus Falls) 7. Josh Christi (Sauk Rapids)
1. Mike Dimmick (Hastings) 2. Mike Kelly (Inver Grove Heights) 3. Andy Heying (St. Cloud) 4. Billy Weyer (Sartell) 5. Matt Peterson (Burtrum) 6. Bobbi Maras (Grey Eagle)-DNS 7. Nick Panitzke (Sauk Centre)-DNS
1. Mike Dimmick 2. David Bolstad 3. Mike Kelly 4. George Dimmick 5. Kurt Peterson 6. Carrie McDougall 7. Andy Mayavski 8. Dan Bolstad 9. Jeremy Fleck 10. Dewey Flynn 11. Kevin Skalberg 12. Matt Peterson 13. Andy Heying 14. Alan Thompson 15. Troy Nelson 16. Billy Weyer 17. Kris Wensmann 18. Josh Christi 19. Tony Hallerman-DNF 20. Bobbi Maras-DNS 21. Nick Panitzke-DNS
TQ Stock Cars
1. Darin Nelson (Isanti) 2. Nathan Johanneck (Hutchinson) 3. Steve Strandlund (Martin Lake) 4. Jim Beck (Elk River) 5. Chuck Nelson (Isanti)
1. Darin Nelson 2. Nathan Johanneck 3. Steve Strandlund 4. Jim Beck 5. Chuck Nelson
Dondelinger Chevrolet Ultimate Super Late Model Showdown
1. Jeff VanOudenhoven 2. Todd Hansen 3. Dean Cornelius 4. Dan Fredrickson 5. Josh Vadnais 6. Benny VanCleve 7. Andy Hanson 8. Blake Bjorklund 9. Tim Olson 10. Bill Rode 11. Trent Snyder 12. Eugene Dick 13. AJ Rhoads 14. Chris Grimes 15. DJ Dondelinger 16. Molly Rhoads 17. Stacy Rossell 18. Bryan Roach-DNS