VanCleve A New Winner at Fergus Falls Raceway FERGUS FALLS, MN (August 13, 2004) - In just his ninth ever Late Model race, Benny VanCleve opened a few eyes as he won the ASA Super Late Model Feature at the Fergus Falls Raceway. Starting on the...
VanCleve A New Winner at Fergus Falls Raceway
FERGUS FALLS, MN (August 13, 2004) - In just his ninth ever Late Model race, Benny VanCleve opened a few eyes as he won the ASA Super Late Model Feature at the Fergus Falls Raceway. Starting on the pole, VanCleve quickly assumed the lead as third starting Blake Bjorklund moved into the second spot. Bjorklund pulled alongside and on lap nine, he took the lead. VanCleve continued running strong as he stayed in check with Bjorklund and three laps later, he was back in the lead. Bjorklund wasn't about to give up either as he tried to get back out front. This battle at the top allowed Todd Hansen and Andy Hanson to make it a four-car race up front. VanCleve maintained his lead throughout the intense action up front. With one lap to go, Bjorklund pulled even on the backstretch setting up a sprint to the finish. VanCleve held on coming out of the final turn to pull off his first career win, beating Bjorklund by less than a car's length.
Oren "The Wild Child" Hoeper added to his points lead as he won the Modified Feature. Things got off to a bang on the first lap, when Steve Johanneck, Dave Schafer and Gary Johnson got crossed up on the opening lap. When the racing got started again, Dave Schafer took the lead as Joe Berthiaume took second. The driver on the move however, was Hoeper as he came storming to the front and on lap three, he was the new race leader. Hoeper quickly pulled to a full straightaway lead. Meanwhile, Kevin Woeste was slowly picking off the rest of the field and on lap nine, he was in second and closing in on Hoeper. The final half of the race saw Woeste chew up Hoeper's lead, but he ran out of time in the end as he came up a couple of car lengths short as Hoeper took home the win.
A couple of weeks back, Jaycen Brockhouse scored his first win. Brockhouse backed that up with yet another victory in the Great North Legends Feature. Jon Lewerer led the charge into the first turn, but Zack Davids emerged as the early race leader. Third staring Brockhouse heated things up as he took the lead on lap two. Seventh starting Tim Brockhouse stepped up to the second spot behind his son Jaycen. For the second time this season, son got the better of father as Jaycen slammed the door on Tim's final lap surge to seal off the win.
Kurt Kort brings lots of fans to the track every week and they had plenty to hoot and holler about as Kort won the Thunder Car Feature. Kort took the lead from the start as Mark Milbeck locked in right behind. Milbeck chased Kort the entire race, but couldn't put enough together to make a pass as Kort led every lap on the way to the win.
David Bolstad held of his fiercest competitor, his brother Dan, as David won the UCAR Feature. Jay Gronewold held the top spot for only one lap as David Bolstad stole the lead on lap two. Dan Bolstad came from mid-pack to challenge and soon it was a pair of bothers running bumper-to-bumper out in front. Dan tried to make a run on the final lap, but David didn't budge as he rolled on to his second career UCAR win. Dan took second with Gronewold and Ryan Sampson a straightaway back in the next two positions.
Fergus Falls Raceway Results
August 13, 2004
ASA Super Late Models
1. Joe Berthiaume (Hamel) 2. Jon Olson (Hamel) 3. Jeff Lofquist (Fergus Falls) 4. Benny VanCleve (Prior Lake) 5. Brittany Fischer (Villard) 6. Molly Rhoads (Hastings) 7. Scott Blake (Randall) 8. Rick Harig (Underwood) 9. Shane Rudrud (Erhard)-DNF
1. Blake Bjorklund (Isanti) 2. Andy Hanson (Ramsey) 3. Jason Rund (Fergus Falls) 4. Todd Hansen (Minneapolis) 5. Tim Olson (Hamel) 6. Larry Button (Clitherall)-DNF
1. Andy Hanson (16.43 sec.) 2. Todd Hanson (16.82 sec.) 3. Larry Button (16.84 sec.) 4. Tim Olson (16.89 sec.) 5. Blake Bjorklund (17.04 sec.) 6. Jason Rund (17.04 sec.)
Feature 21. Benny VanCleve 2. Blake Bjorklund 3. Todd Hansen 4. Andy Hanson 5. Tim Olson 6. Jeff Lofquist 7. Brittany Fischer 8. Jason Rund 9. Rick Harig 10. Scott Blake 11. Jon Olson 12. Molly Rhoads 13. Shane Rudrud-DNF 14. Larry Button-DNS 15. Joe Berthiaume-DQ
1. Dave Schafer (Glenwood) 2. Dan Hanson (Fergus Falls) 3. Jeff Berg (Dalton) 4. Matt Freitag (Wolverton) 5. Gary Johnson (Breckenridge)
1. Joe Berthiaume (Hamel) 2. Joey Johnson (Alexandria) 3. Steve Johanneck (Litchfield) 4. Dave Ostendorf (St. Cloud) 5. Oren Hoeper (Dalton) 6. Kevin Woeste (Waite Park)
1. Kevin Woeste (17.15 sec.) 2. Oren Hoeper (17.48 sec.) 3. Joey Johnson (17.60 sec.) 4. Steve Johanneck (17.78 sec.) 5. Joe Berthiaume (17.94 sec.) 6. Dave Ostendorf (17.96 sec.)
1. Oren Hoeper 2. Kevin Woeste 3. Joey Johnson 4. Dave Ostendorf 5. Dave Schafer 6. Harlan Lysne (Fergus Falls) 7. Jeff Berg 8. Matt Freitag 9. Steve Johanneck-DNF 10. Gary Johnson-DNF 11. Joe Berthiaume-DQ
Great North Legends
1. Jon Lewerer (Coon Rapids) 2. Scott Brandt (Olivia) 3. Rollie Davidson (Burnsville) 4. Cam Schafer (Glenwood) 5. Wally Mass (Wheaton) 6. Charlie Balderston (Freeport) 7. Gary Oie (St. Paul) 8. Aaron Sanders (Shakopee) 9. Bruce Allen (Chanhassen)-DNF
1. Dirk Henry (Sauk Centre) 2. Jaycen Brockhouse (Prior Lake) 3. Tim Brockhouse (Shorewood) 4. Zack Davids (Apple Valley) 5. Rick Dubay (Coon Rapids) 6. Greg Lohrenz (Chanhassen)
1. Tim Brockhouse (18.99 sec.) 2. Dirk Henry (19.10 sec.) 3. Greg Lohrenz (19.22 sec.) 4. Rick Dubay (19.31 sec.) 5. Jaycen Brockhouse (19.42 sec.) 6. Zack Davids (19.45 sec.)
1. Jaycen Brockhouse 2. Tim Brockhouse 3. Jon Lewerer 4. Greg Lohrenz 5. Zack Davids 6. Dirk Henry 7. Bruce Allen 8. Wally Mass 9. Rollie Davidson 10. Charlie Balderston 11. Gary Oie 12. Cam Schafer 13. Aaron Sanders 14. Scott Brandt-DNF 15. Rick Dubay-DNF
1. Cory Eggen (Fergus Falls) 2. Pat Dillon (Fergus Falls) 3. Deon Roth (Fergus Falls) 4. Lawrence Berthiaume (Hamel) 5. Casey Kurtz (Fergus Falls)
1. Shawn Robinson (Fergus Falls) 2. Mark Milbeck (Erhard) 3. Kurt Kort (Fergus Falls) 4. Tom Weinhandl (Henning)-DNF 5. Darren Werner (Breckenridge)-DNF
1. Kurt Kort 2. Mark Milbeck 3. Casey Kurtz 4. Deon Roth 5. Lawrence Berthiaume 6. Darren Werner 7. Tom Weinhandl-DNS 8. Pat Dillon-DQ 9. Cory Eggen-DQ 10. Shawn Robinson-DQ
1. Josh Whipple (Fergus Falls) 2. Dan Bolstad (Fergus Falls) 3. David Bolstad (Fergus Falls) 4. Jesse Dreschel (Fergus Falls) 5. Craig Maack (Pelican Rapids) 6. Terry Lerum (Fergus Falls) 7. Timothy Johnson (Breckenridge)
1. Adam Fronning (Dalton) 2. Ryan Sampson (Fergus Falls) 3. Dean Baker (Fergus Falls) 4. Doug Fick (Fergus Falls) 5. Jay Gronewold (Fergus Falls) 6. Levi Stenerson (Fergus Falls)
1. David Bolstad 2. Dan Bolstad 3. Jay Gronewold 4. Ryan Sampson 5. Adam Fronning 6. Dean Baker 7. Jesse Dreschel 8. Craig Maack 9. Terry Lerum 10. Levi Stenerson 11. Timothy Johnson 12. Doug Fick-DNF 13. Josh Whipple-DNF