Hanson Still Fast at Fergus Falls Raceway FERGUS FALLS, MN (July 30, 2004) - One week after setting a new track record, Andy Hanson showed his speed once again as he won the ASA Super Late Model Feature at the Fergus Falls Raceway. Jeff...
Hanson Still Fast at Fergus Falls Raceway
FERGUS FALLS, MN (July 30, 2004) - One week after setting a new track record, Andy Hanson showed his speed once again as he won the ASA Super Late Model Feature at the Fergus Falls Raceway. Jeff Lofquist started things off as he took the lead from the start as third starting Hanson quickly pulled into second. Hanson made his move on lap four as he took over the lead. Only one caution slowed the event as Brittany Fischer came to a stop on the front stretch early on. The restart allowed Blake Bjorklund to run right behind Hanson in second. The front pair quickly broke away from everyone else. Bjorklund looked to the low side several times, but couldn't pull off the pass as Hanson went on to collect his third win of the season. Bjorklund was never more than two car lengths away in the final stretch as he finished second a half of a lap of third finishing Tim Olson.
Oren Hoeper took the lead at the right spot as he pulled off the win in the Modified Feature. Dave Ostendorf looked strong as he took the lead from a three-wide battle in the first turn. Ostendorf soon had Hoeper right on his tail as the race for the lead heated up. Hoeper was able to pull alongside several times throughout the race, allowing third running Joey Johnson to tuck in right behind them. Johnson pressured Hoeper late in the race and moved to second right behind Ostendorf. With one lap left, the race turned into a three car race as Hoeper dove to the bottom and retook second. Ostendorf and Hoeper were even as they entered turn three. Hoeper sprang out of turn four with the lead and held on the final few feet to snare the win. Ostendorf was right alongside to take second, while Johnson was just a trickle behind to finish third.
Jason Brockhouse took his first career Great North Legends Feature win in dramatic style as he beat his father Tim Brockhouse. Todd Tracy held the lead briefly at the start, before second starting Jason Brockhouse took over by the end of the first lap. Dirk Henry moved to second as Tim Brockhouse moved to third. Henry's spin on lap nine, would take him out of the race, allowing it to be a son and father race upfront with Jason and Tim running hard. Tim tried several times to get by Jason, but it wasn't to be as the younger Brockhouse upstaged his dad in taking his first feature win and setting up an emotional Victory Lane celebration.
Long time racer Kurt Kort gave his numerous fans something to cheer about as he won the Thunder Car Feature. Kort moved by Tom Weinhandl on the backstretch of the race's first lap. Cory Eggen and Mark Milbeck chased Kort in the cautionless race. Kort wasn't about to let this race slip away as he drove hard the entire distance as he picked up the win. Eggen and Milbeck stayed within a car's length as they took the next two spots.
David Bolstad drove the race of his life as he scored his first ever UCAR Feature win in front of the hometown crowd. Bolstad powered into the lead from the start as Josh Whipple ran in second. Cory Flynn brought out the race's only caution as he stopped in turn four. When the race restarted, Bolstad slowly began to pull away from the others. Whipple has his hands full as Dan Bolstad worked him hard and he took over second. David Bolstad was on a roll upfront however, as he extended his lead as the race wore on. Bolstad's lead grew to as much as a full straightaway as he took the checkered flag uncontested to seal a memorable first win. Dan Bolstad held off Whipple at the end to make it a one-two finish for the Bolstad brothers.
Fergus Falls Raceway Results
July 30, 2004
ASA Super Late Models
1. Jon Olson (Hamel) 2. Tim Olson (Hamel) 3. Brittany Fischer (Villard) 4. Jason Rund (Fergus Falls) 5. Molly Rhoads (Hastings)
1. Blake Bjorklund (Isanti) 2. Andy Hanson (Ramsey) 3. Jeff Lofquist (Fergus Falls) 4. Todd Hansen (Minneapolis) 5. Larry Button (Clitherall)
1. Andy Hanson 2. Blake Bjorklund 3. Tim Olson 4. Jeff Lofquist 5. Jason Rund 6. Jon Olson 7. Molly Rhoads 8. Todd Hansen-DNF 9. Brittany Fischer-DNF 10. Larry Button-DNS
1. Oren Hoeper (Dalton) 2. Joey Johnson (Alexandria) 3. Dave Ostendorf (St. Cloud) 4. Dave Schafer (Glenwood) 5. Harlan Lysne (Fergus Falls) 6. Jason Hintermeister (Garfield) 7. Jeff Berg (Dalton)
1. Oren Hoeper 2. Dave Ostendorf 3. Joey Johnson 4. Dave Schafer 5. Harlan Lysne 6. Jason Hintermeister 7. Jeff Berg-DNF
Great North Legends
1. Tim Brockhouse (Shorewood) 2. Jon Lewerer (Coon Rapids) 3. Todd Tracy (Belle Plaine) 4. Rollie Davidson (Burnsville) 5. Gary Oie (St. Paul)
1. Dirk Henry (Sauk Centre) 2. Jason Brockhouse (Prior Lake) 3. Cam Schafer (Glenwood) 4. Dave Ewert (Fergus Falls) 5. Wally Mass (Wheaton)
1. Jason Brockhouse 2. Tim Brockhouse 3. Todd Tracy 4. Rollie Davidson 5. Cam Schafer 6. Gary Oie 7. Dave Ewert 8. Wally Mass 9. Dirk Henry-DNF 10. Jon Lewerer-DNF
1. Mark Milbeck (Erhard) 2. Shawn Robinson (Fergus Falls) 3. Tom Weinhandl (Henning) 4. Pat Dillon (Fergus Falls) 5. Deon Roth (Fergus Falls)
1. Cory Eggen (Fergus Falls) 2. Kurt Kort (Fergus Falls) 3. Jonathan Olmscheid (Elrosa) 4. Doug Olmscheid (Elrosa) 5. Casey Kurtz (Fergus Falls)
1. Kurt Kort 2. Cory Eggen 3. Mark Milbeck 4. Pat Dillon 5. Shawn Robinson 6. Jonathan Olmscheid 7. Doug Olmscheid 8. Tom Weinhandl 9. Casey Kurtz-DNF 10. Deon Roth-DNF
1. Adam Fronning (Dalton) 2. Ryan Sampson (Fergus Falls) 3. Doug Fick (Fergus Falls) 4. Dean Baker (Fergus Falls) 5. Jay Gronewold (Fergus Falls) 6. Jesse Dreschel (Fergus Falls)
1. Dan Bolstad (Fergus Falls) 2. Cory Flynn (Alexandria) 3. Josh Whipple (Fergus Falls) 4. David Bolstad (Fergus Falls) 5. Craig Maack (Pelican Rapids) 6. Levi Stenerson (Fergus Falls)
1. David Bolstad 2. Dan Bolstad 3. Josh Whipple 4. Ryan Sampson 5. Dean Baker 6. Jay Gronewold 7. Craig Maack 8. Doug Fick 9. Jesse Dreschel 10. Levi Stenerson 11. Adam Fronning-DNF 12. Cory Flynn-DNF