First practice in Goiania was split in two groups, with the second one right after a light rain.
Thursday evening opened the preparations for the first Brazilian Stock Car race of the season, where the regular drivers race alongside invited ‘co-drivers’. Thirty-three cars entered the circuit, only with the guest drivers on the wheel.
The session was divided in two groups, and the first part went with dry track. A light rain came when the second group hit the track. But the fastest driver of the day was Eurofarma-RC’s Nestor Girolami, current Argentina’s TC2000 champion, who will race alongside Ricardo Maurício. Nelson Piquet Jr., guest of Átila Abreu at AMG Motorsport, came second. WTCC champion Pechito López was third in Cacá Bueno’s Red Bull car.
Bruno [Senna] and I get along really well and it will be interesting to share the same team with him.
Laurens Vanthoor showed a quick adaptation in Valdeno Brito’s car, running in fifth place, one spot faster than Aussie Mark Winterbottom. In damp conditions, Antonio Felix da Costa was the fastest, although finishing the day in 17th. He will race alongside Allam Khodair at Full Time Sports.
The word of the day for the guest drivers was "to adapt".
"It’s my first time in a Stock Car, and I have no experience with this type of car, since I’ve driven only formulae and LMP1 cars in my career.It was a good experience, but obviously I’m missing some pace compared to the specialist driver, but I didn’t really expect to go faster than him now. We still have some practice, so I will improve. My teammate is helping me a lot, he’s a really nice guy. So we can get this feeling until we go to qualifying, we hope for a good race result, by I know it is not going to be easy anyway", says Nicolas Prost, who finished the practice in P8 counting on his teammate Julio Campos’ help.
Alongside Bruno Senna, Prost the Prati-donaduzzi squad puts both famous surnames in the same team for the first time since Ayrton Senna and Alain Prost race against each other at McLaren in 1989. "I wanted to go through this experience", says Nicolas. "Bruno and I get along really well and it will be interesting to share the same team with him", he told.
There are other stars competing in the race, such as Jacques Villeneuve, Vitantonio Liuzzi, Jaime Alguersuari, Lucas di Grassi, Ingo Hoffmann, and several others racing to make a good impression.
The race starts on Sunday morning at 10:30 am (Brazilian time).
FP1 (only guest drivers)
1. #90 Ricardo Maurício/Nestor Girolami - Eurofarma RC - 1min24s555
2. #51 Átila Abreu/Nelson Piquet Jr - AMG Motorsport - 1min24s856
3. #0 Cacá Bueno/Pechito Lopes - Red Bull Racing - 1min24s998
4. #28 Galid Osman/Beto Monteiro - Ipiranga-RCM - 1min25s124
5. #77 Valdeno Brito/Laurens Vanthoor - Shell Racing - 1min25s133
6. #80 Marcos Gomes/Mark Winterbottom - Voxx Racing Team - 1min25s206
7. #14 Luciano Burti/Jaime Alguersuari - RZ Motorsport - 1min25s481
8. #4 Julio Campos/Nicolas Prost - Prati-donaduzzi - 1min25s589
9. #74 Popó Bueno/Guilherme Salas - Cavaleiro Racing Sports - 1min25s741
10. #5 Denis Navarro/Felipe Giaffone - Vogel Motorsport - 1min25s901
11. #6 Alceu Feldmann/Ezequiel Raul Bosio - Boettger competições - 1min26062
12. #3 Bia Figueiredo/Matias Milla - RC3 Bassani - 1min26s062
13. #83 Gabriel Casagrande/Enrique Bernoldi - C2 team - 1min26s123
14. #111 Rubens Barrichello/Ingo Hoffman - Full time competições - 1min26s152
15. #72 Fabio Fogaça/Leandro Totti - Hot Car Competições - 1min26s235
16. #110 Felipe Lapenna/Vitantonio Liuzzi - Schin Racing Team - 1min26s333
17. #18 Allam Khodair/Antonio Felix da Costa - Full Time Competições - 1min28s845
18. #65 Max Wilson/Vitor Meira - Eurofarma RC - 1min29s591
19. #11 Cesar Ramos/Frederic Vervish - Cavaleiro Racins Sports - 1min29s669
20. #88 Felipe Fraga/Alvaro Parente - Voxx Racing - 1min29s979
21. #73 Sergio Jimenez/Fabio Carbone - C2 Team - 1min30s308
22. #12 Lucas Foresti/Luiz Razia - AMG Motorsport - 1min30s547
23. #1 Antonio Pizzonia/Bruno senna - Prati donaduzzi - 1min30s579
24. #29 Daniel Serra/Chico Serra - Red Bull Racing - 1min30s728
25. #46 Vitor Genz/Matheus Stumpf - Boettger Competições - 1min31s000
26. #26 Raphael Abbate/Nicolas Costa - Hot Car Competições - 1min31s068
27. #21 Thiago Camilo/Lucas Di Grassi - Ipiranga-RCM - 1min31s118
28. #25 Tuka Rocha/Chris Van Drer Drift - RC3 Bassani - 1min31s215
29. #2 Raphael mattos/David Mufatto - Schin Racing Team - 1min31s267
30. #8 Rafael Suzuki/Antonio Perez - RZ Motorsports - 1min31s643
31. #70 Diego Nunes/Ricardo Rosset - Vogel Motorsport - 1min31s863
32. #33 Felipe Maluhy/Xandynho Negrão - ProGP - 1min32s343
33. #10 Ricardo Zonta/Jacques Villeneuve - Shell Racing - 1min33s489